Sony Ericsson J230i -> Nokia 1108 -> Nokia 6630

Samsung Galaxy Mini/GT-S5570(Dead)
Rom: CM 7.2.0 RC0(Mebitek)
Baseband: S5570DDKQ7(2.3.7)

HTC Desire Z/G2
Rom: Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0

Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300)
Rom: temasek's - CM11 - V40
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hari23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

balb0wa73
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari23 View Post
brilliant news, wish i hadn't sold my S3 now for a pittance

FlemishDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Let's hope it's better then the 4.3 stock rom.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

tahasmarty
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Common guys first we think about getting a stable bugfree 4.3 then talk abt 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to tahasmarty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hwjrmrm
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahasmarty View Post
Common guys first we think about getting a stable bugfree 4.3 then talk abt 4.4
+1
PHONE:SAMSUNG GT-I9300
ROM: [ ZCUBML1 ]
MODEM: ZCUBML1
KERNEL: STOCK
THEME: STOCK
RECOVERY: OFFICIAL
The Following User Says Thank You to hwjrmrm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radioactive87
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Temasek 's cm 11 unofficial 4.4 for the s3 is very stable und definitly useable as Dailydriver.
I'm since V1 on it....now V6 is avalible.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kaynpayn
Old
(Last edited by kaynpayn; 22nd November 2013 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 128
Only 6 months after it's release? Wow thanks samsung!
Ok, sarcasm aside, i guess giving the amount of devices that aren't even being updated at all, this is good news. But still, we know independent developers do nothing short of small miracles a few days after the official google release. Though i'm still imensly grateful to every dev and they're the only reason for me still having this phone, a proper samsung developing team with the proper resources has the obligation to do better and faster, so i can't help but to feel a bit screwed over by them. They surely aren't doing it because they care about the client, else their attitude would be different so there must be a different agenda in the background. On my expense. I shouldn't need to feel grateful when they release an update. Not when what i bought never worked properly to begin with with samsung's development nor it never will even with 3rd party development while samsung doesn't will it.

So, I'm not planning on still having my S3 by then. They didn't really do much during my phone's lifetime to keep me for a client. They still don't. To be rather honest all i found on samsung was disapointment. So, as soon as i'll have the chance, i'll try to replace it. I'm here to be proven wrong but my expectations for anything coming from samsung are really low at this point.

Aleycat
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The way Omnirom is developing, they're soon going to make the stock ROM's obsolete. Stable nightly's coupled with "as good as stock" battery life, I'm definitely never going back to samsung base roms

kizzmaul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just installed OmniROM and it is already awesome, after adding customizable tiles in the quick select menu it will be perfect. The only thing that I miss from the stock rom is camera software and camera drivers and overall working. Everything else is better in OmniROM.

Funky303
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default which mittfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleycat View Post
The way Omnirom is developing, they're soon going to make the stock ROM's obsolete. Stable nightly's coupled with "as good as stock" battery life, I'm definitely never going back to samsung base roms
Well Omnirom has to deliver first.

I'm on Temaseks CyanogenRom V7 (started from V3) with Boeffla Kernel. Let's hope OmniRom does a good job. But until now, they also have just a more or less beta...