Galaxy S III will be getting KitKat in March or April 2014

Search This thread

Hari23

Aug 14, 2011
Chennai
OnePlus 3T
Redmi Note 10 Pro
gsmarena_001.jpg

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...37.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

radioactive87

Dec 31, 2010
Temasek 's cm 11 unofficial 4.4 for the s3 is very stable und definitly useable as Dailydriver.
I'm since V1 on it....now V6 is avalible.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kaynpayn

Aug 30, 2010
Only 6 months after it's release? Wow thanks samsung!
Ok, sarcasm aside, i guess giving the amount of devices that aren't even being updated at all, this is good news. But still, we know independent developers do nothing short of small miracles a few days after the official google release. Though i'm still imensly grateful to every dev and they're the only reason for me still having this phone, a proper samsung developing team with the proper resources has the obligation to do better and faster, so i can't help but to feel a bit screwed over by them. They surely aren't doing it because they care about the client, else their attitude would be different so there must be a different agenda in the background. On my expense. I shouldn't need to feel grateful when they release an update. Not when what i bought never worked properly to begin with with samsung's development nor it never will even with 3rd party development while samsung doesn't will it.

So, I'm not planning on still having my S3 by then. They didn't really do much during my phone's lifetime to keep me for a client. They still don't. To be rather honest all i found on samsung was disapointment. So, as soon as i'll have the chance, i'll try to replace it. I'm here to be proven wrong but my expectations for anything coming from samsung are really low at this point.

Last edited:

Aleycat

Nov 21, 2012
The way Omnirom is developing, they're soon going to make the stock ROM's obsolete. Stable nightly's coupled with "as good as stock" battery life, I'm definitely never going back to samsung base roms

kizzmaul

Jul 31, 2012
I just installed OmniROM and it is already awesome, after adding customizable tiles in the quick select menu it will be perfect. The only thing that I miss from the stock rom is camera software and camera drivers and overall working. Everything else is better in OmniROM.

Funky303

Nov 22, 2013
which mittfir

The way Omnirom is developing, they're soon going to make the stock ROM's obsolete. Stable nightly's coupled with "as good as stock" battery life, I'm definitely never going back to samsung base roms

Well Omnirom has to deliver first.

I'm on Temaseks CyanogenRom V7 (started from V3) with Boeffla Kernel. Let's hope OmniRom does a good job. But until now, they also have just a more or less beta...

Notor1ouS-

Aug 20, 2010
Google Pixel 6
olol f*ck you sh!tty samsung.
wont be buying that sh1t again. S3 = SH!T 3

they'll tell us that touchwiz doesnt run on 4.4. thats why they cant release it :)
no more touchwiz devices for me.

Top Liked Posts