Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S III international vs US version

Tip us?

Isishorusraseth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy S III international vs US version

With the upcoming releases both versions of the Samsung galaxy S III in the US many consumers, like myself are trying to decide which version is the better investment. Of course this is subjective for users but perhaps the community could help clarify this decision. I haven't been able to find any threads or links really comparing the two for US users but this isn't necessarily finite because neither version has come to the yet (at least in NYC, stores tell me not for another two weeks) .

International versions will sell for $700 and a non-contract version from at&t will be $550. We all know the specs for the international version at least, the US will substitute the quadcore exynos processor for a dualcore processor, and be compensated with double the RAM (2GB) and LTE support but will be bogged down with bloatware and a locked device, which of course is inevitable, but us on xda know a thing or two about taking care of that.

If anyone can put in their input, it will be much appreciated, this decision is a bit tough to make.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

SlimJ87D
Old
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isishorusraseth View Post
With the upcoming releases both versions of the Samsung galaxy S III in the US many consumers, like myself are trying to decide which version is the better investment. Of course this is subjective for users but perhaps the community could help clarify this decision. I haven't been able to find any threads or links really comparing the two for US users but this isn't necessarily finite because neither version has come to the yet (at least in NYC, stores tell me not for another two weeks) .

International versions will sell for $700 and a non-contract version from at&t will be $550. We all know the specs for the international version at least, the US will substitute the quadcore exynos processor for a dualcore processor, and be compensated with double the RAM (2GB) and LTE support but will be bogged down with bloatware and a locked device, which of course is inevitable, but us on xda know a thing or two about taking care of that.

If anyone can put in their input, it will be much appreciated, this decision is a bit tough to make.

There's about 4 topics on this now just to let you know...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA
Current Devices:
AT&T HTC One
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimJ87D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wildcard30
Old
Thanks Meter 39
It looks like the ATT version will not get the 50GB of Dropbox like the International version not too happy about that.
Current Phones:
32GB Nexus 5
Rom: PA

Samsung Galaxy SV (AT&T)
Stock Unrooted

Current Tablets:
32GB Note 10.1 2014
ROM: Stock Unrooted

32GB Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom: PA

Isishorusraseth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I always come to see that after I make a post, and the forum search never seems to locate anything unless I search for it, I apologize, ill delete the thread

Tomatoes8
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 121
Now that the LG Optimus G is announced, looks like we will end this debate once and for all. If the Optimus G with a quadcore Qualcomm S4 chip, 2gb of ram, and a souped up GPU demolishes the dualcore Qualcomm S4; then we'll know that the people that were saying the extra cores was useless and the gpu is only good for games are full of crap.

If the real world performance between the dual and quad S4 chip is the same, then those people dissing the extra cores and superior gpu are vindicated.

Good times coming up.

veyka
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2680
Did you really need to necrobump a dead thread on this, when there is another, active one?

Closed.

Nexus 4
SGS2 Apps safe to remove
Need hosting for your development work? Contact me, maybe I can help.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe