Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 44,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S III Pricing, Availability and Pre Order Thread

Tip us?

BuddyLee
Old
(Last edited by BuddyLee; 10th May 2012 at 05:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Galaxy S III Pricing, Availability and Pre Order Thread

Figured I'd make this one stop thread for early adopters like myself wanting to get the device on launch date. Or even those who cant get it on launch date but to use as a future reference.

I'm in the US on ATT hoping to get it same day shipped on released.

Remeber if you are in us you dont pay VAT

Expansys USA
$694.99

Handtech

Clove.co.uk

Negielectronics
$805

Play.com

carphonewarehouse

Mobilefun.co.uk
544.95 including VAT

Gummobile
599 pounds

Amazon.de
EUR 588,90

Mobicity
$999.00

Expansys UK
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BuddyLee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Smacdallas
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Hspa+ bands on the international will most likely work on att right? But not lte?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Smacdallas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BuddyLee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Most likely so, as I use the I9100 with hspa+ and unlimited data for $15.

I personally don't mind not having lte, especially since nyc hspa gives me 4-6 down and 2 up unlimited.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

EnemyOfGlaDOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,286
Where you fellas (and ladies..) plan on ordering from? I know of Expansys and Negri Electronics..just curious if these are a popular place to order or pre order the upcoming SGS3 as this will be my first pre-order ..

sent from my Galaxy SII

..New to XDA-Developers? Read This

my current devices
-OPPO X909- Omni nightlies
-Google Nexus 7 (2013 LTE)- Bone Stock
-Google Nexus 5- bone stock
-OPPO N1- Omni nightlies

GoogleNow/voice search Tricks and Tips
Need Ideas for your NFC enabled device?

BuddyLee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreym View Post
Where you fellas (and ladies..) plan on ordering from? I know of Expansys and Negri Electronics..just curious if these are a popular place to order or pre order the upcoming SGS3 as this will be my first pre-order ..

sent from my Galaxy SII
My two places of choice are expansys uk and clove.co.uk. Either one of those two I'll be ordering mine from. I usually get overnight AM delivery with expansys coming to New York
The Following User Says Thank You to BuddyLee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BJ van Beethoven
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreym View Post

sent from my Galaxy SII
I've pre-ordered mine from Expansys NZ.

For any other Kiwis around here:
Expansys
Mobicity

Two places I've found available for pre-order so far. Mobicity have a price, Expansys don't (yet). Although Mobicity will want payment up front.
The Following User Says Thank You to BJ van Beethoven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Smacdallas
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
My two places of choice are expansys uk and clove.co.uk. Either one of those two I'll be ordering mine from. I usually get overnight AM delivery with expansys coming to New York
How's amazon for this kind of stuff?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

bonefan03
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ van Beethoven View Post
I've pre-ordered mine from Expansys NZ.

For any other Kiwis around here:
Expansys
Mobicity

Two places I've found available for pre-order so far. Mobicity have a price, Expansys don't (yet). Although Mobicity will want payment up front.
For me personally it is also important to consider insurance. If I'm forking over 700 US$ I want to protect my investment

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to bonefan03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BuddyLee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Amazon has them but hardly ever at release date. MoCity usually have them but the price is normally more expensive from what I remembered. Clove normally had the best price.

But from my experience with clove and expansys, you have to pay upfront. But remember this for those in the USA, if you order from UK sites we don't pay vat and the total including shipping is cheaper than ordering from America.

With regards to insurance, never had a problem personally, but if I did samsung has warranty covering it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lootes
Old
Thanks Meter 77
I ordered by Galaxy Nexus through Handtec (handtec.co.uk) and had a good experience with them. If I do pull the trigger and order a GS3 then I will probably do it through them. Depending on price.
~Alex Luton
Twitter: @AlexLuton

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lootes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]