Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S III Pricing, Availability and Pre Order Thread

Tip us?

ceo.mtcl
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Negri won't ship till 31:
Email from them

We have heard of several unofficial delays of the Samsung Galaxy S III. While these delays are not not related to our first shipment of stock, we are told to expect the first shipments to arrive Thursday, 5/31. The anticipated 5/29 ship date was a miscommunication between our distributor and warehouse management. We were told that stock would arrive by 5/29, but not to “us”, but to our distributor. We had hoped to have them on time, as promised, but it looks as if we will see the first batch land 5/31 now. In regards to the delay that you are reading of on various forums and blogs – we have confirmed that there is a delay in the UK, and that they were only issued WHITE Galaxy S III. We are also told of a delay in HK (Hong Kong), and are told that HK will only see the Blue Galaxy S III. Our stock is not from the UK, nor HK, rather a better, more ‘localized’ source and is confirmed to be 90% Blue Galaxy S III.

Our hunch is that Samsung was so eager to push these devices out that the quality check was incomplete. You may recall the same issue with the Galaxy Nexus from the UK that was literally recalled after it was shipped to it’s distributors. While this is not the case with the Galaxy S III, it may very well be the same issue. Samsung knows how to generate interest in their product, and they feel that any press is good press. Just think of all the people complaining about the delay, generating more interest in the product – it’s a unethical marketing practice, but it works. Although it makes resellers look foolish for offer/providing dates that they are unable to deliver on. (Yes, Us).

We apologize for the delay, not only on Samsung’s behalf, but ours too. We do our absolute best to provide the most up to date and honest information possible and avoid at all costs any misleading information; even if it means losing pre-orders. Please bookmark our blog for all important updates, and follow us on Twitter for the quickest way to update you all. Thank you for your support and your patience and more importantly your trust.

Please feel free to email NegriCare with any of your questions or concerns. Have a Happy Memorial Day!

Thank You For Your Support,

Ryan J Negri

Founder & CEO Negri Electronics Inc.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phones:
๑۩۞۩๑ LG G2 AT&T ๑۩۞۩๑

Benefits of International Samsung Galaxy S3 for US (AT&T) users

kirdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobai View Post
I noticed a comment in the blog, "*All Pre-Orders taken prior to 2:45PM PST on 5/23/2012 will be offered the discounted price on the 16GB Blue Galaxy SIII". My order was placed at 2:25:16 PM PST and I never did receive the email about the discount offer.
I didn't receive email as well but I think they will automatically take care of it when they charge. I'm not worrying about it since worst case they will refund the discount after shipping.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Negri Electronics
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirdroid View Post
I didn't receive email as well but I think they will automatically take care of it when they charge. I'm not worrying about it since worst case they will refund the discount after shipping.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

We will take good care of your pre-order and only charge you the amount we promised.
The Following User Says Thank You to Negri Electronics For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EnemyOfGlaDOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey L View Post
All - unfortunately EXPANSYS USA will not be getting these on the 29th or 30th. We received word today that shipments of all GS3 have been delayed in both colors. We apologize for the inconvenience and I hope to have much more information soon. We are trying anything and everything to get these as soon as we can, and I will update you as we find out more information.
Wow.. that's it. We won't have them on the 29th or 30th and we don't know when??!!

having second thoughts and kinda wish I stuck to Negri.. at least they are giving some kind of info regarding their shipment.. you guys don't have ANY info.

..New to XDA-Developers? Read This

my current devices
-OPPO X909- Omni nightlies
-Google Nexus 7 (2013 LTE)- Bone Stock
-Google Nexus 5- bone stock
-OPPO N1- Omni nightlies

GoogleNow/voice search Tricks and Tips
Need Ideas for your NFC enabled device?

krabman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negri Electronics View Post
We will take good care of your pre-order and only charge you the amount we promised.
Can you tell us what number of blue devices are expected in your first lot and if that number is enough to cover all pre-orders? Thanks

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabman View Post
Can you tell us what number of blue devices are expected in your first lot and if that number is enough to cover all pre-orders? Thanks
It's a holiday man, let em rest
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!

thegregulator
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreym View Post
Wow.. that's it. We won't have them on the 29th or 30th and we don't know when??!!

having second thoughts and kinda wish I stuck to Negri.. at least they are giving some kind of info regarding their shipment.. you guys don't have ANY info.

That's why I jumped ship and ordered from Negri. I probably won't see the device any sooner, but at least my business is going to a company who invests a little bit of time to ensure their customer's questions are answered satisfactorily.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

declanh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Vodafone Uk have announced 2 to 4 week delay on all blue and white 32gb

http://blog.handtec.co.uk/2012/05/28...-stock-update/

Sobai
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by declanh View Post
Vodafone Uk have announced 2 to 4 week delay on all blue and white 32gb

http://blog.handtec.co.uk/2012/05/28...-stock-update/
Negri Electronics have stated they don't receive their stock from the UK. This should not affect Negri.

Quote:
"Our stock is not from the UK, nor HK, rather a better, more ‘localized’ source and is confirmed to be 90% Blue Galaxy S III"
Service Provider: TELUS (Canada)
Phone/Model: Nexus 5 - Black, 32 GB
Phone/Model: Sony Xperia Z1 - Black (C6903)

Tablet: Xperia Tablet Z (SGP311)

SlimJ87D
Old
Thanks Meter 411
So i guess with Negri receiving their orders on Thursday we won't be receiving the phones till Monday unless we pay to receive it Saturday?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Current Devices:
AT&T HTC One
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)