Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Galaxy S III Shipping May 2012 Update: 2012/04/23

OP hIdd3N-

24th April 2012, 11:07 AM   |  #1181  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by xath23

Not sure if it got mentioned before but there is an "Unpacked App" on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unpacked2012_1
There is not much to see there right now but the design is pretty unique, maybe thats the direction they are heading in terms of UI with the new Galaxy phones..

Thanks.. I can watch the event live on my phone now. It also says galaxy s3.. first time seeing Samsung themselves call it that, I think there's no doubt now that the phone will be called s3 and not "the next Galaxy" lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 11:23 AM   |  #1182  
Ind33d's Avatar
Member
Flag Kuala Terengganu
Thanks Meter: 7
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
The only thing Samsung need to concern is battery life.
3000 mAH would be best
24th April 2012, 11:33 AM   |  #1183  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Sony
Xperia U ( St25i ) 2x 1 GHz (STE U8500)/ ? -512MB RAM 5MP/ 720p ; 854x480.3,5
Xperia P ( LT22i ) 2x 1 GHz (STE U8500)/ ? - 512MB RAM 8MP/1080p ; 960x540.4,0
Xperia S ( LT26i ) 2x 1,5 GHz (MSM8260)/Adreno 220 -1GB RAM 12MP/1080p ; 1280x720.4,3

HTC
One V 1 GHz/ ? -512MB RAM 5MP/ 720p ; 800x480.3,7
One S 2x 1,5 GHz / ? -1GB RAM 8MP/ 1080p ; 960x540.4,3
One X 4x 1,5 GHz(Tegra 3) -1GB RAM 8MP/ 1080p ; 1280x720.4,7

Samsung??
?Galaxy M? (i9300) ? - Exynos 4212/Exynos 4412/Mali 400MP -512MB RAM 5MP/ 720p ; 800x480.4
?Galaxy ? (i9500) ? Exynos 4412/ Exynos 5250/ 400MP -1GB RAM 8MP/ 1080p ; 960x540.4,3
?Galaxy S III (i9800) ? Exynos 5250/ Exynos 5450/Mali T604 -1,5GB RAM 12MP/ 1080p@60fps ; 1280x720.4,6-4,8

Samsung will probably release 3 phones.. along with new galaxy note,galaxy tab..etc. like HTC and Sony did.

sorry for not very correct facts, i made it in hurt of time.can we await somethink like this from samsung,..tell pls your opinion
24th April 2012, 11:44 AM   |  #1184  
Toss3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 475
 
1,630 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaako

Samsung will probably release 3 phones.. along with new galaxy note,galaxy tab..etc. like HTC and Sony did.

sorry for not very correct facts, i made it in hurt of time.can we await somethink like this from samsung,..tell pls your opinion

Doubt they will release three phones, as the one high-end phone thing has paid off so far. I would sincerely hope you are right, but I doubt it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toss3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 12:33 PM   |  #1185  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 118
 
923 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggazee

Thanks.. I can watch the event live on my phone now. It also says galaxy s3.. first time seeing Samsung themselves call it that, I think there's no doubt now that the phone will be called s3 and not "the next Galaxy" lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Galaxy S3 is only a tag and possibly only for search purposes, not actually part of the description.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 01:37 PM   |  #1186  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope

Galaxy S3 is only a tag and possibly only for search purposes, not actually part of the description.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

They've changed it, it said galaxy s3 unpacked in the description before. Oh well they were quick... still the fact that it has s3 as a tag means their associating the s3 with this app leads me to think it's a no brainer. S3 unpacked? We shall see.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
24th April 2012, 02:07 PM   |  #1187  
J34's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaako

Sony
Xperia U ( St25i ) 2x 1 GHz (STE U8500)/ ? -512MB RAM 5MP/ 720p ; 854x480.3,5
Xperia P ( LT22i ) 2x 1 GHz (STE U8500)/ ? - 512MB RAM 8MP/1080p ; 960x540.4,0
Xperia S ( LT26i ) 2x 1,5 GHz (MSM8260)/Adreno 220 -1GB RAM 12MP/1080p ; 1280x720.4,3

HTC
One V 1 GHz/ ? -512MB RAM 5MP/ 720p ; 800x480.3,7
One S 2x 1,5 GHz / ? -1GB RAM 8MP/ 1080p ; 960x540.4,3
One X 4x 1,5 GHz(Tegra 3) -1GB RAM 8MP/ 1080p ; 1280x720.4,7

Samsung??
?Galaxy M? (i9300) ? - Exynos 4212/Exynos 4412/Mali 400MP -512MB RAM 5MP/ 720p ; 800x480.4
?Galaxy ? (i9500) ? Exynos 4412/ Exynos 5250/ 400MP -1GB RAM 8MP/ 1080p ; 960x540.4,3
?Galaxy S III (i9800) ? Exynos 5250/ Exynos 5450/Mali T604 -1,5GB RAM 12MP/ 1080p@60fps ; 1280x720.4,6-4,8

Samsung will probably release 3 phones.. along with new galaxy note,galaxy tab..etc. like HTC and Sony did.

sorry for not very correct facts, i made it in hurt of time.can we await somethink like this from samsung,..tell pls your opinion

I agree with you.
If Samsung really released SIII with THAT specs, would be ideal phone of the year. (Especially with a 'Plus' screen + battery bigger than 2000MaH)
Let's hope for the best.

But the thing that is confusing me, if you see their teaser, there is a "big stone" and small one. I think the bigger stone indicates to some tablet or something? And the small one is for a phone? Who knows.
24th April 2012, 02:39 PM   |  #1188  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 964
 
4,132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by J34

I agree with you.
If Samsung really released SIII with THAT specs, would be ideal phone of the year. (Especially with a 'Plus' screen + battery bigger than 2000MaH)
Let's hope for the best.

But the thing that is confusing me, if you see their teaser, there is a "big stone" and small one. I think the bigger stone indicates to some tablet or something? And the small one is for a phone? Who knows.

Look like paint drops to me. I thought it signified color options. And size.

sent with 3g courage. betta recognize.
24th April 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #1189  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 118
 
923 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggazee

They've changed it, it said galaxy s3 unpacked in the description before. Oh well they were quick... still the fact that it has s3 as a tag means their associating the s3 with this app leads me to think it's a no brainer. S3 unpacked? We shall see.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

From everywhere I have seen it has always been in the tags section and it still says Galaxy S3, so what did they change? Nowhere reports it being anywhere other than the tags. It most likely is the name, however they could just have it in the tags as that's what people will search for.
24th April 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #1190  
Senior Member
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 44
 
429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
i dont know about you guys. but i am digging that brushed aluminum type finish they have going on with that blue stone/paint drop. Solid colors are getting boring, a brushed finish as pictured would be a nice touch.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

As long as samsung is still making the chips for apples iphones you can expect the gs3 to be as fast as if not faster than the next iphone 5 thats due later this year.

personally, if the gs3 doesnt have great design (hardware wise), an sd card slot, and a good sized battery. Then there really is no reason for me to not get a HTC one X instead. I think samsung realizes they have to go above and beyond this time because the ONE x is a VERY compelling device.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rumours, samsung galaxy s iii, sgs 3, sgs iii, sgs3, teaser
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes