Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S III Shipping May 2012 Update: 2012/04/23

Tip us?

rav4kar
Old
Thanks Meter 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by android_master View Post
[B]May 3 the world gets it....... Jan 2013 U.S. Gets it.......lol
sammy's plan is diff. this time, It's like iPhone release from s3 on.. :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
**Wasting Food is a crime against humanity, Buy less Eat more. **

hIdd3N-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279
The reason why Samsung doesn't leak any info about sgs III is not apple. it's the sgs II! as soon as a new product is announced the sales of the old product drop big time. so they w8 till it's very close to shipping date.
it has always been like this. remember the launch of gaming gear like xbox 360 and ps3.

hits109
Old
Thanks Meter 0
absolutely can not wait for the announcement.. although I won't be getting one as my contract due to end June NEXT year .. maybe an S4 by then ahah

thaako
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Micro SD - It is step back they wont use slot to memory card.

but... if you look, samsung and apple are making models of galaxy.....with 8/16/32 GB of memory.

you can buy 32GB card (class10) for...below 30 euros.

but samsung will release model SGS3... we can tell for 500euros.. and model with 64GB memory for 600euros.

its business. they want more money from people.

also 32 gb is nothing... it is toooooooo few. :/

Frostfree
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi_Ca1 View Post
Please Samsung be smart and go with a dual-core A15 CPU instead of quad-core A9.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Seriously, who would notice in day to day use? The S2's hardly pushed by anything out there today.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Frostfree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tjtj4444
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfree View Post
Seriously, who would notice in day to day use? The S2's hardly pushed by anything out there today.....
The difference in speed when browsing the web with my SGS2 and my Laptop (dual core i7) using the same wifi is big, it takes a much longer time to parse/render the pages on SGS2, and this is mainly due to difference in CPU speed. So my main usage for a smartphone definitely needs more speed.

Of course we need faster smartphones, I want same speed as a PC if possible. Today's smartphones are slower than (or equal to) an single core Atom, and single core Atoms were pretty useless already when they arrived many years ago.

snowwhite007
Old
Thanks Meter 145
I cant wait to see it i bought one x but im using my gs2 or gnex as batt is horrible on OX at min

Mod Or Die
If I helped you don't forget to hit the thanks button please
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3516003_1.gif

krabman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIstudio View Post
It looks like the SIII will be a great device.
The thing for me though is that these devices are at such a level now that it will take something extremely special to make it the most wanted over a lot of other devices out there. It seems more down to personal user experience than anything else.
I like the look of the SIII though and the specs are more than enough. I think the nicest thing, if it happens, will be the edge to edge screen with an ultra thin bezel.
Battery life improvements certainly wont go amis either.
Yeah, I actually don't have a single gripe worth the typing with the SGS2. This is a first for me as far as phones go, before when the next thing came along it had something that I perceived as beneficial to my user experience.

I came from a nexus 1 and had already tried a 4.3 screen size phone and had immediately liked and wanted the extra real estate. Now I have done the same with the an up-sized phone compared to the SGS2 and while I thought the extra room seemed nice it didn't make me feel like I needed it. More it came with the down that I actually don't want to carry a larger phone. Before I had always welcomed the next new bigger screen, now I just get the feeling that yeah its bigger but I don't really need it and it comes at a downside. Performance, same thing, the nexi was almost smooth and stuff almost opened without delay. With this phone the experience is smooth all the time and stuff basically just pops without any feeling of waiting. I could go on but you get the idea.

It seems kind of odd to have the next great thing around the corner and not be excited but there it is, I'm not pining away for something better at the moment and not seeing anything that is a must have upgrade.

Cartmanz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Does anyone know what carrier it will be available for? I hope it comes to sprint. Whenever I Goggle sgs3 or some variation I get information about sgs2 with sgs3 in the title.

jeff.leonard
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtj4444 View Post
The difference in speed when browsing the web with my SGS2 and my Laptop (dual core i7) using the same wifi is big, it takes a much longer time to parse/render the pages on SGS2, and this is mainly due to difference in CPU speed. So my main usage for a smartphone definitely needs more speed.

Of course we need faster smartphones, I want same speed as a PC if possible. Today's smartphones are slower than (or equal to) an single core Atom, and single core Atoms were pretty useless already when they arrived many years ago.
You can have the same speed as a PC, but with that you will only get about 10 minutes of battery life! There is always going to be a balance between speed and battery life on smartphones.

Tags
rumours, samsung galaxy s iii, sgs 3, sgs iii, sgs3, teaser