Galaxy S III Shipping May 2012 Update: 2012/04/23

OP hIdd3N-

24th April 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #1191  
Thanks Meter: 962

4,099 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykat1

i dont know about you guys. but i am digging that brushed aluminum type finish they have going on with that blue stone/paint drop. Solid colors are getting boring, a brushed finish as pictured would be a nice touch.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

As long as samsung is still making the chips for apples iphones you can expect the gs3 to be as fast as if not faster than the next iphone 5 thats due later this year.

personally, if the gs3 doesnt have great design (hardware wise), an sd card slot, and a good sized battery. Then there really is no reason for me to not get a HTC one X instead. I think samsung realizes they have to go above and beyond this time because the ONE x is a VERY compelling device.

Compelling til you see all the issues it has.

sent with 3g courage. better recognize.
The Following User Says Thank You to @rbiter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #1192  
Thanks Meter: 92

433 posts
IMHO the biggest flaw of the One X is the non removable battery. Its nit just about popping in a fresh battery; batteries degrade over use and I don't want to have to send it back to HTC for a new battery. Also, the SGS2 showed how we can have a slim phone but with removable battery, so I don't buy the size argument for a second.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
24th April 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #1193  
Thanks Meter: 5

83 posts
More
HTC One problems.

- No removable battery
- No sdcard
- lcd screen (I can't imagine it's better than the amoled plus but will check out a display model to see for sure. Also see what the battery tests show.)

That's a pretty big list of items against what's supposed to be their flagship.

If Samsung adds an led for notifications that would put them even further ahead.
24th April 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #1194  
Thanks Meter: 379

998 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meboy

HTC One problems.

- No removable battery
- No sdcard

Most people have never carried a spare battery with them in their entire life. Battery life of modern phones is enough to get through one day anyway. For others, there are mobile chargers. Battery degradation doesn't matter much either, since most batteries go for 5 years before a non-geek can detect a significant degradation.

Sdcard is not that important for many either, since very few people have more than 32GB data that they want to carry with them at all times.

As you see, they are simply aiming for the 95% of people while making their devices cheaper, lighter and more robust. A very smart strategy. People like us who belong to 5% don't matter at all.
24th April 2012, 06:02 PM   |  #1195  
Thanks Meter: 29

247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydc

Sdcard is not that important for many either, since very few people have more than 32GB data that they want to carry with them at all times.

As you see, they are simply aiming for the 95% of people while making their devices cheaper, lighter and more robust. A very smart strategy. People like us who belong to 5% don't matter at all.

It's a show stopper for me, but can't argue I probably constitute a minority of users but I find people like us influence a more significant number of upgrades, HTC will lose more than just my custom.
24th April 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #1196  
Thanks Meter: 37

791 posts
More
Every HTC lcd screen I have ever seen sucks. Yes even the rezound, but 720p is still nice.

More ontopic: I have a wish list and a what I think will be list.

First up wish list (with some realism):

1) A15 2.0GHZ dual core
2) 1080p 4.8in screen
3) Water proof up to 10M
4) 32,64,128GB of flash storage
5) ICS 4.0.4
6) LTE band's for AT&T with out AT&T branding. ( So I can use my fake unlimited plan on it)
7) Verizon to get the phone. ( So it kicks the crap out of the iphone.oh yea)

What I think they will do:

1) 720P OLED+ 4.6in screen
2) 1.5GHZ quad core A9 32nm ( This would still best the one x in CPU)
3) water proofing like the razr
4) 32GB and 64GB of flash
5) ICS 4.0.3
6) AT&T LTE band's, but only if you buy it from AT&T or a reseller.
7) Verizon will be left to die and so be it.

Any way this phone is going to be cool and I can't wait to see it! Go samsung, GO show the phone RIGHT NOW!
24th April 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #1197  
Thanks Meter: 962

4,099 posts
Quote:

Most people have never carried a spare battery with them in their entire life. Battery life of modern phones is enough to get through one day anyway. For others, there are mobile chargers. Battery degradation doesn't matter much either, since most batteries go for 5 years before a non-geek can detect a significant degradation.

5 years? Try one year.

sent with 3g courage. better recognize.
24th April 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #1198  
Thanks Meter: 239

1,521 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darobster911

Ahhh can't wait for it to be announced.... not that I will be able to afford it though

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Looool! Same here. Anyways happy with the s2. Will probs get a nexus next tbh ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #1199  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,169

4,401 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meboy

HTC One problems.

- No removable battery
- No sdcard
- lcd screen (I can't imagine it's better than the amoled plus but will check out a display model to see for sure. Also see what the battery tests show.)

That's a pretty big list of items against what's supposed to be their flagship.

If Samsung adds an led for notifications that would put them even further ahead.

As a HOX owner I disagree.

Battery is fine it lasts me a whole working day for my normal usage. Sure will get better once we get custom kernels.

The no sd card slot no big issue for me, 32gb is fine for majority. Some users do want more but we can't do anything about this.

SLCD2 is great sure blacks are no where as black compared to amoled but then you dont get the issues related to amoled like screen burn and such. Text is crisp and clear.

In all it's a good device.

However let's see what the SGS3 is capable off as I am a Samsung fan and looking forward to it's announcement as I loved the SGS2.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 06:40 PM   |  #1200  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Madurai-Chennai
Thanks Meter: 6,565

11,365 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i agree with your view on battery.

but sd card is surely much important feature, a 32 gb card will easily get filled with data in a very few months. a few hours of hd video, 3 or 4 hd games will fill the card quickly. also you wont get the comfort of hooking your card to any other device to copy/move data.
Last edited by bala_gamer; 24th April 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rumours, samsung galaxy s iii, sgs 3, sgs iii, sgs3, teaser
Previous Thread Next Thread