5,606,409 Members 33,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Global shortage of Pebble Blue version at launch???

Tip us?

NZtechfreak
Old
(Last edited by NZtechfreak; 25th May 2012 at 10:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 907
Unhappy Global shortage of Pebble Blue version at launch???

Multiple sources now starting to confirm this news...

Would this affect your decision to get an S3? Some are already taking about passing on it completely unless the blue is available ASAP!

[UPDATE] Samsung Benelux PR Manager confirms delay of Pebble Blue to the Dutch market, reported by tweakers.net. Several other markets now reporting delays in Pebble Blue, at present UK still looks to be receiving stock of the Pebble Blue. Apparently problems in production of the rear-casing as speculated - tweakers.net say Samsung have destroyed 600,000 of the rear-cases and made changes to production!
Twitter: @nztechfreak
Blogs: androidnz.net, blog.clove.co.uk
Facebook: http://goo.gl/baZHQ

rovex
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Its probably due to demand from what are considered premium markets, namely Europe. Its also possible Samsung underestimated the popularity of the blue unit.

Quite why people would not buy one just because of a slight delay i don't know, nothing else is coming out by the end of June. Its just posturing, they will still buy one of the want one.

emorej
Old
Thanks Meter 44
here in middle east so far only whites are available no blue..

mertzi
Old
Thanks Meter 91
it also might be because they've detected some flaw with the blue ones, and if that's the case samsung is doing the right thing with pulling those back. I'd rather wait a few weeks than have another One X experience, though I've pre-ordered the white one.

slaphead20
Old
Thanks Meter 4740

DONATE TO ME
How about global shortage of food? More important imho

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
All donations to me will go to THE PICKERING CENTRE...my local cancer drop in centre, a registered charity no.1112623
http://www.pickeringcancercentre.org.uk/index.html

norm2002
Old
Thanks Meter 26
What a ridiculous comment in the article - " the near-universally disliked Marble White version"! Where is there any evidence for that at all? Sure, maybe more people prefer the blue but I have seen virtually no comments that the white is a bad colour and a lot of people on XDA have chosen the white over the blue - not just me .

Rytkonen
Old
Thanks Meter 74
I have heard rumours about this too. An employee in a local store said to my friend that they might not have the blue color available in 29th May. I ordered the white one.
Nexus 4, SGS3, Huawei Ideos X5, HTC Wildfire, Asus Transformer Prime, Nokia N9

MsElise
Old
Thanks Meter 756

DONATE TO ME
haiz same here
malaysia gonna selling s3 soon, and local telco start pre-order it
and just got white colour for the option =_=
Hit the THANKS BUTTON if I helped you

ceo.mtcl
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by norm2002 View Post
What a ridiculous comment in the article - " the near-universally disliked Marble White version"! Where is there any evidence for that at all? Sure, maybe more people prefer the blue but I have seen virtually no comments that the white is a bad colour and a lot of people on XDA have chosen the white over the blue - not just me .
I agree with you. I chose blue because negri guy told me that white will be available two three days late...

Sent from my HTC One X on BinDroid's ROM.
Current Phones:
๑۩۞۩๑ LG G2 AT&T ๑۩۞۩๑

Benefits of International Samsung Galaxy S3 for US (AT&T) users

Isadora
Old
(Last edited by Isadora; 25th May 2012 at 09:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 166
I've just called the nice people at Clove.co.uk with whom I have my pre-order for a blue unit. They are currently not aware of any delays and are expecting to receive their first batch (including pebble blue ones) on Tuesday. Though obviously things can change between now and next week! But fingers crossed...

Sent from my CM9 TouchPad

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe