5,599,539 Members 40,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GS3 GT-I9305 LTE European version; Exynos 4412 Quad, 2 GB RAM, Mali GPU.

Tip us?

qsacage
Old
(Last edited by qsacage; 20th September 2012 at 12:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default GS3 GT-I9305 LTE European version; Exynos 4412 Quad, 2 GB RAM, Mali GPU.

Guys, this is what I've been waiting for.

Quote:

Samsung just released itís Android 4.1 Jelly Bean kernel source code for the LTE Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9305). Donít confuse this device with the dual-core snapdragon S4 US Variant as this is the European LTE variant. GT-I9305 has the same Quad-Core Exynos 4412 CPU and the same ARMís Mali-400MP GPU as the international Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300).The only differences are that the European LTE variant uses 2GB RAM instead of 1GB and has LTE Radios.
This means that 3rd party Android developers, like the CyanogenMod team, can use European LTE Galaxy S IIIís (GT-I9305) Android 4.1 Jelly Bean kernel source code to fix major bugs like the Memory Leak, HW Composer and Mali GPU related issues they were having with the International Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) as these both devices are very much identical. This source code can vastly improve and improve their Custom ROMs.
Source:
http://www.sammobile.com/2012/09/19/...-iii-gt-i9305/

What do you think, best phone ever? If they would only pack it with a non-pentile-screen also, but at this point I can't say no any more, coming from my Arc S.

It will be interesting to see benchmark results and what difference the RAM might do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qsacage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

got-petrol
Old
Thanks Meter 160
The i9300 isn't the best phone now i9305 is...I don't under stand Samsung it been 4 month and release a better phone
NEXUS 5
If I Don't See You Through the week, I'll See You Through The Window
The Following User Says Thank You to got-petrol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sxi200
Old
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-petrol View Post
The i9300 isn't the best phone now i9305 is...I don't under stand Samsung it been 4 month and release a better phone
My thoughts exactly. Seriously, what company releases a new model to replace their top of the line phone within 4 months of release. I love my Samsung phones but this is really bad form on Samsungs part.

Imagine if Apple releases the iPhone 6 in 4 months time. There will be riots. It won't happen. So much for resale value on the S3 i9300. Once stock runs out here in Oz it will no longer be sold. Replaced by the i9305.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

qsacage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Frankly, this is what I expected the initial GS3 to be like. This and a non-pentile screen. Maybe old Sammy didn't finish LTE-integration in time for the GT-I9300, and maybe they packed it with only 1 gig RAM to save a few bucks. Idunno. Sorry to say, I think we're gonna have to live with 720-pen-tile 'til spring next year.

But this version is going to be... blistering! Especially after the buzz with launcher redraws due to lack of RAM, I'm looking forward to the comparisons. It comes in all-black as well.

I wonder what the coming Nexus will be based on. Do we dare to hope? I don't think Sammy will allow a copy of GT-I9305 as a Nexus, but man would it be nice.

Let's sit and wait for a release date.

nfsmw_gr
Old
Thanks Meter 633
From what i've heard LTE uses quite a lot of ram so that's why it's needed in the I9305 version...

Press thanks if i've helped you!
It's not much,but it does matter to me.

Anyone plays FIFA 13 on Origin?
Add me so we can play a game!
(nfsmw_gr just like here)

Devices:Nokia 3310-->Nokia 5210-->Nokia 3410-->Motorola V535-->Sony K750i-->Sony W660i-->Nokia 5320-->Sony W595i-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Huawei Ideos X5-->Nokia X2-->Sony Spiro-->Sony Live With Walkman-->Vodafone Joy(Huawei 845)-->Sony Xperia PLAY-->Sony Z550i(temp)-->Samsung Galaxy SIII(Awesome phone!)-->Samsung Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to nfsmw_gr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ausboy 2011
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr View Post
From what i've heard LTE uses quite a lot of ram so that's why it's needed in the I9305 version...
And battery I'll stick with the i9300 ram can be optimised and 4g isn't big yet

Sent from my omega jellybean powered sgs 3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ausboy 2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nfsmw_gr
Old
Thanks Meter 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausboy 2011 View Post
And battery I'll stick with the i9300 ram can be optimised and 4g isn't big yet

Sent from my omega jellybean powered sgs 3
Well said.

Press thanks if i've helped you!
It's not much,but it does matter to me.

Anyone plays FIFA 13 on Origin?
Add me so we can play a game!
(nfsmw_gr just like here)

Devices:Nokia 3310-->Nokia 5210-->Nokia 3410-->Motorola V535-->Sony K750i-->Sony W660i-->Nokia 5320-->Sony W595i-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Huawei Ideos X5-->Nokia X2-->Sony Spiro-->Sony Live With Walkman-->Vodafone Joy(Huawei 845)-->Sony Xperia PLAY-->Sony Z550i(temp)-->Samsung Galaxy SIII(Awesome phone!)-->Samsung Galaxy S4

Brownstone
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wonder if you'll be able to install apps to external SD on this one?

BS...

projectsome
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Didn't the iphone 4s come out like 5 or 6 months after the iphone 4? I know a few people swapped the 4 for the 4s.

I for one will be selling my s3 as soon as the s3 lte version comes out.

I was hoping it was out next week or thereabouts but it's looking doubtful.
Previous: SGSIII White unrooted CM10
iphone 5 16gb black
iphone 5 32gb white
New: SGSIII LTE Titanium rooted Jellybam 7.7

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.

The Following User Says Thank You to projectsome For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]