So I thought of setting up this step by step guide to set up the phone with very good battery life.
1. Flash the ROM that you would like to use. (AOKP,AOSP, CM, HYBRID or even STOCK) I have tried it on PAC MAN LATEST NIGHTLY, Fusion ROM, Omega ROM, ARHD ROM, Nightmare ROM, AND NOW CONFIRMED WORKING ON KITKAT ROMS AS WELL
2. After flashing the rom, reboot the phone and set it up.
3. Flash Googy-Max Kernel with following configurations in stweaks:
CPU & GPU - Undervolted 100mV (If your phone can handle it, I have done it since day one never had problems. )
CPU IDLE MODE - AFTR + LPA
DEFAULT CPU GOVERNER - zzmove-performance
CPU MAX FREQUENCY - 1100 MHZ
MDNIE TAB - (Optional - for batter color)
Uncheck both REGISTER HOOK and MASTER SEQUENCE
Zram - Disable ( I am using SWAP PARTITION on my SD Card)
MISC TAB - DEFAULT I/O SCHEDULER FOR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL STORAGE - ROW or NOOP
AC CHARGE - 1300 mA
zzmove TAB - FREQ_LIMIT_SLEEP - 800 Mhz
4. Go to Settings>wifi>Options>Advance> UNCHECK "Scanning always available". Also uncheck NFC services in settings.
5. If you are not using location services all the time than you can do the following as well and you can enable the location services whenever you need them.
Go to GOOGLE SETTINGS APP>Location> UNCHECK "Access Location"
google settings app>maps & lattitude. UNCHECK "report from this device"
6. Install SYSTEM TUNER PRO with GREEN ICON from market.
This is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=ccc71.pmw.pro
7. Follow the guide in my video. The link is below: It will remove useless wakelocks from apps like google wallet, google talk, google plus, IF YOU ARE NOT USING THEM.
Video with DISCLAIMER :
Thread with DISCLAIMER : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2357417 Thanks to SKIPJACKS
8. Install Greenify and Greenify Donation. Links are below:
You need to install XPOSED FRAMEWORK for the Donation app to work.
Greenify Donation: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.greenify.pro
Xposed Framework: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2327541
9. Greenify all user apps and some of the system apps.
System apps that I have greenified:
google contacts sync
google play services
DRM protected content storage
google account manager
google bookmark sync
google partner setup
google text to speech engine
market feedback agent
one time init
package access helper
pico TTS ( I use IVONA Voices)
10. Install 3G/4G Optimizer Pro and go to additional tweaks and check all the 4 of them and than reboot the phone.
We need pro version because it has some additional tweaks for wifi scan, RILS, TCP which saves battery a lot.
11. This step is going to take few minutes of observation.
12. Go to setting>MORE> DISABLE NFC Services.
13. Download XBLAST TOOLS form Xposed Framework App
Go to Xblast tools>build.prop tweaks
Tick Google DNS Hack for speed
PM Sleep mode>choose Power Collapse(Best)
In the new greenify app there is an option to CUT the connection of the app that is waking up the services.
Now for example,
I am using swift key keyboard not the android keyboard that comes with the rom, but android keyboard also wakes up GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES and keeps it running, so I cut the wake-up path. So now android keyboard will not wake-up GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES.
SO you need to find out which apps are waking-up the system apps and cut the wake-up paths IF THE APP IS NOT IMPORTANT.
After doing these all steps I was able to get 23+ hours battery life with following conditions:
-screen time 3 Hrs with 60% brightness
-Mobile Data, Sync and Bluetooth on around 7 Hrs 30 Mins
-Battery Drain during Night for around 8.30 PM to 6.00 AM - 3% to 4%
CREDIT goes to all of the developers of ROM, MODs, and APPs...