Why haven't you changed phone yet?

OP Sensamic

17th June 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 16

62 posts
Cause it's reliable and runs pretty smooth thanks to cm11. No need for a new phone until my s3 dies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
17th June 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 15

91 posts
I changed, but to the very same phone, after my last S3 LTE crashed
Third time bought I9305, for me and two times for my wife . This device has more power than we actually need.

Every has their own needs, but some features when increasing their parameters make more problems than benefits.
EXAMPLE:
- biger screen resolution consumes more power and needs a stronger GPU
- more MPix on camara with the same physical size of sensor worsens the quality of images

Main problem in every device is software, that is crappy much often and S3 LTE is good example here, cause was introduced after normal S3 and shortly before the Galaxy S4, whose sales were more important for Samsung than support for previous products.
Any Cyanogen/AOSP/AOKP could be good replacement, but has a few problems with functions that for certain users are very important (camara, compass).

2 days before I downgrade to stock 4.1.2 with JKay mod and for me this is perfect setup (with Nova launcher, exDialer, Chrome, and for tweaking: Autostart, Disable Service, Greenify Tasker)
18th June 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #123  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Cool
While agreeing that budget is the main reason that most people haven't upgrade their flagship phones yet(me included), I'm still happy with my i9300. The screen is brilliant, resolution is good enough (who needs 1080p on less-than-5-inch screen anyway?) the camera is still the best of its range, not to mention awesome developers here at XDA.

I think manufacturers have reached a plateau in terms of phone development. I'll consider changing my phone when we see a major leap in technology, perhaps when they start utilizing 64-bit processors?
18th June 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #124  
Thanks Meter: 59

358 posts
More
If I didn't want 4G support, I wouldn't have bought my new S5, though I do want it
The S3 is a very good phone without a doubt, good size and pretty good camera, after changing to the S5 I do not experience very big differences except for the battery time (WAY better) and the screen brightness/auto brightness. Though the 4G support was the main reason to switch here.
18th June 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Because it's still a great phone and you have a lot of roms, kernels, etc to choose and this extends the life of our epic smartphone [emoji16]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #126  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

734 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abohsukampret

While agreeing that budget is the main reason that most people haven't upgrade their flagship phones yet(me included), I'm still happy with my i9300. The screen is brilliant, resolution is good enough (who needs 1080p on less-than-5-inch screen anyway?) the camera is still the best of its range, not to mention awesome developers here at XDA.

I think manufacturers have reached a plateau in terms of phone development. I'll consider changing my phone when we see a major leap in technology, perhaps when they start utilizing 64-bit processors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabryBSK

Because it's still a great phone and you have a lot of roms, kernels, etc to choose and this extends the life of our epic smartphone [emoji16]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

I agree.

My main reason is that the phone is still very good and I don't want to spend 600 every 2 years to change phones.

The camera is just amazing. To this day I can't believe how good it is. It's my second reason to not change phones. I don't know if I will be able to find one better for medium price (300).
18th June 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #127  
Thanks Meter: 2

41 posts
Right now it's because the siii is good enough and being sim only saves me some money (my bill went from 38 to 12.50).

Only reasons I may upgrade in the near future is either because of some deal, 4G coming to my area or because I have to get a new phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread