Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help about flashing stock 4.3 update

Tip us?

sashundera
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Info 2 Help about flashing stock 4.3 update

Hello, could someone please help me with this, because I'm really confused.

Since I have a custom recovery I cant update via OTA, so I decided to flash the update via ODIN. However I'm not sure which build should I flash, I see that there are several like :
I9300XXUGMK6 → I9300XXUGMK7 → I9300XXUGML2 → I9300UBUGML3 → I9300XWUGML4

Could you explain the differences between them? Also, which country should I flash for? My country region is Bulgaria, and the CSC showed VVT. However I saw that they have the older MK6 version. Whats gonna happen if I flash a build from different country? Thanks.
Samsung Galaxy S III - Sapphire Black 16 GB | PS3 Slim - 160 GB [REBUG 4.50| AMD Phenom II x4 840 - 4GB RAM - Win8 Pro [64bit] - nVidia GeForce GTX 650 GDDR5 [1.7GB VRAM][OVERCLOCKED]

AssassinGEO
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashundera View Post

Since I have a custom recovery I cant update via OTA, so I decided to flash the update via ODIN. However I'm not sure which build should I flash, I see that there are several like :

Could you explain the differences between them? Also, which country should I flash for? My country region is Bulgaria, and the CSC showed VVT. However I saw that they have the older MK6 version. Whats gonna happen if I flash a build from different country? Thanks.
Nothing will happen. I live in Georgia (country) and there are no official firmwares,so I always install UK or other ones,and phone works as it should.
You could always press "Thanks" button,right?

blackhart53
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashundera View Post

Before you flash just backup your current ROM so that if don't like the new ROM you can restore it.

sashundera
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhart53 View Post
Before you flash just backup your current ROM so that if don't like the new ROM you can restore it.

I have backups of all my apps and data and stuff like that, and I'm definitely going to stay on 4.3. I just dont know which version. Can anyone tell me which is best?
Samsung Galaxy S III - Sapphire Black 16 GB | PS3 Slim - 160 GB [REBUG 4.50| AMD Phenom II x4 840 - 4GB RAM - Win8 Pro [64bit] - nVidia GeForce GTX 650 GDDR5 [1.7GB VRAM][OVERCLOCKED]