XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Major stability problems with all non-sense roms

Tip us?

jlparsons2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help! Major stability problems with all non-sense roms

Hi all, this is a last ditch cry for help before I give up on custom roms on the i9300 (I9300XXEMG4) and go back to stock or sell it and go with a Nexus 5.

I've tried CM10.1 stable, CM10.3, SlimBean and ParanoidAndroid. All 4.1-4.3.

The issue I'm having is instability with installed apps. Many apps reset their cache randomnly but particularly at reboot - I've had games reset themselves to their just-installed state and pdf scanners lose their documents. Also some apps randomly uninstall themselves and simply disappear, particularly apps which are in effect activation keys to their trial app equivalent, eg Safe Camera Pro Key, Poweramp Full Version, BeyondPod unlocker. Finally, some apps seem to constantly want to update themselves, for example Google Search updates itself at every reboot. These issues happen whether I enable or disable root access.

I haven't been able to find any instances of anyone else having these issues. When I was on stock rom I never had any of these issues. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Ausboy 2011
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Ok stock roms in sammys world are known as tw roms. And those roms other than stock arent always perfect and may not work for your device the way they are intended. If I was you id pick a non tw rom and follow every instruction properly and if its still not working the way advertised than post in thw q&a thread for that rom

Sent from my dominationed S4

jlparsons2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausboy 2011 View Post
Ok stock roms in sammys world are known as tw roms. And those roms other than stock arent always perfect and may not work for your device the way they are intended. If I was you id pick a non tw rom and follow every instruction properly and if its still not working the way advertised than post in thw q&a thread for that rom

Sent from my dominationed S4
I haven't tried any touchwiz roms, I far prefer to stick to vanilla android. All those I've tried have been non-touchwiz, I've followed instructions very carefully, ensured the correct GAPPS versions etc, and asked for help in the relevant forums here and elsewhere. No joy!

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704138

Total wipe of your phone and install whatever rom you want following the instructions .If that fails then as few report same problems try Sammy custom roms .

Then make your decision .

jlparsons2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok - think I MAY have solved it. I repartitioned, formatted and flashed stock rom from heimdall and then re-installed CWM touch recovery. Then formatted all partitions and installed slim bean and gapps. TOUCH WOOD - so far no stability problems.
I can only assume that something went wrong with the initial root and cwm install? Perhaps the cwm file was corrupted? Just hopng it doesn't rear its head again...