how to carrier unlock GT-I9300 on 4.3 (easy 6 step)

Search This thread

tonni007

May 1, 2014
I find whole forums and also on Google to unlock my galaxy s3 i9300 running on 4.3 but unfortunately there was no solution. All solutions are for 4.1.1 which are very old. Then I did it my self and of course for free. Here are the steps.
1. First root your device by chain fire auto root and insert a sim card.
2. Download twrp manager from play store, open twrp manager and install recovery.
3. Download attached apk file and install it.
4. Open perka's file stash, tap on s3 then modems and modems cwm.
5. Tap 4.3 and download modem_xxugna8.
6. After download go to previously downloaded twrp manager then select install > add zip > select downloaded modem from perka's file tash named folder and flash it. After boot up you should be unlocked.
Don't forget to hit Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: wasir and sajeel

caput1234

Nov 12, 2010
Hi i am on archidroid rom 4.3 rooted with cwm .will this work?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

cassinni

Sep 27, 2012
Hamburg
What's your model? Android version? And Baseband?
I did it with no problem.

AP: I9300XXUGNA5
CP: I9300XXUGNA8
CSC: I9300VFGGNB1

Android 4.3

See my CP is the one this guide wanted me to flash.
I have a signal bar but it says when i want to call someone "not registered with network" and i cannot call.

Last edited:

nafis_t

Nov 19, 2013
Dhaka

Android 4.3

I have a signal bar but it says when i want to call someone "not registered with network" and i cannot call.

At first on step 4 open parkas file stash tap kernel > kernel_stock> 4.1.2 then download lk6 kernel and flash via odin. After flash again open parka and tap modems> modems_cwm > 4.1.2> then download lk3 modem and flash it via recovery. After this your baseband should be shown as unknown on about phone. Then follow the whole process from 1st from above. Though you're on na8 you should flash na8 frok perka's file because its unlocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: wasir

dfani511

Jan 12, 2012
It doesn't work for me too :( ,when I tried to install kernel 4.1.2 but when I install it the phone doesn't load the room ( I had 4.3 )

any help here please?

splattx_x

Mar 31, 2011
I followed all instructions and nothing happened. My phone continues to work without problem but it's still locked. Worth the shot though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I find whole forums and also on Google to unlock my galaxy s3 i9300 running on 4.3 but unfortunately there was no solution. All solutions are for 4.1.1 which are very old. Then I did it my self and of course for free. Here are the steps.
    1. First root your device by chain fire auto root and insert a sim card.
    2. Download twrp manager from play store, open twrp manager and install recovery.
    3. Download attached apk file and install it.
    4. Open perka's file stash, tap on s3 then modems and modems cwm.
    5. Tap 4.3 and download modem_xxugna8.
    6. After download go to previously downloaded twrp manager then select install > add zip > select downloaded modem from perka's file tash named folder and flash it. After boot up you should be unlocked.
    Don't forget to hit Thanks.
    Hi i am on archidroid rom 4.3 rooted with cwm .will this work?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

Is your phone carrier locked? You must be on stock rom to unlock thie way.
    any proof this actually works?

is the phone afterwords, factory unlocked?

If u need proof u can try and let us know how it's work. Obviously phn will be unlocked after this.
    it does NOT work. I tired to call and it says "Not registered with network".
    When you boot it also asks for an unlock code.
    I did everything as described.

What's your model? Android version? And Baseband?
    I did it with no problem.

Android 4.3

At first on step 4 open parkas file stash tap kernel > kernel_stock> 4.1.2 then download lk6 kernel and flash via odin. After flash again open parka and tap modems> modems_cwm > 4.1.2> then download lk3 modem and flash it via recovery. After this your baseband should be shown as unknown on about phone. Then follow the whole process from 1st from above. Though you're on na8 you should flash na8 frok perka's file because its unlocked.