How to format 64gb micro sd card to Fat32 to work on SGS3

Tip us?

sam-had
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Thumbs up How to format 64gb micro sd card to Fat32 to work on SGS3

Hi guys,
I faced a problem with my 64gb. Sandisk micro SD and I solved the issue and I thought about posting the solution here that might help some of you.
so... the issue I faced is how to get TWRP recovery or CWM to mount my Ex sd card.
basically the problem is that the card is formatted in exfat or NTFS and in both ways it won't be recognized by TWRP and the only way to formate it in fat32 is by only one software because windows can not format more than 32gb in Fat32.
and here is how:

first: download EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition from this link http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Part...dlPid=10982635

Second : Now you can see a list of all of your hard drives. Note the one highlighted in blue on the grid. This is my 64GB MicroSDXC card in my USB Card Reader. Obviously the location of your card in the list may differ dependant on the number of drives in your computer

You’ll need to right-click on the drive in the list representing your 64GB MicroSDXC card and click “Format partition”

Third : You need to select FAT32 for the File System, and 32KB for Cluster Size.
EaseUS doesn’t immediately apply the changes you specify. Instead, it queues them up so that you can review and revise them before you commit to having the program affect those changes. then we need to press the Apply button.

that's it ... now you can enjoy your 64gb MicroSd and you can mount it in TWRP or CWM recovery .

your welcome
The Following 87 Users Say Thank You to sam-had For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nitinvaid
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3946

DONATE TO ME
It has to be in general section.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Themes Link At Play Store

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Certainly be a useful post for some that don't know . But its in the wrong section and will be missed .
OP report and ask a mod to move it .

jje

sohail77
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Use partition wizard tool

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

sam-had
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Question Ohh Didn't know that

then where should I post it and how can I move it ?
or it is the admin who will move it for me ?

thanks

mcraeally44
Old
Thanks Meter 2
As you guys may be aware, the latest software update (4.1.2) does solve ANY exFAT issue
The Following User Says Thank You to mcraeally44 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dionysos77
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-had View Post
Hi guys,
I faced a problem with my 64gb. Sandisk micro SD and I solved the issue and I thought about posting the solution here that might help some of you.
so... the issue I faced is how to get TWRP recovery or CWM to mount my Ex sd card.
basically the problem is that the card is formatted in exfat or NTFS and in both ways it won't be recognized by TWRP and the only way to formate it in fat32 is by only one software because windows can not format more than 32gb in Fat32.
and here is how:

first: download EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition from this link http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Part...dlPid=10982635

Second : Now you can see a list of all of your hard drives. Note the one highlighted in blue on the grid. This is my 64GB MicroSDXC card in my USB Card Reader. Obviously the location of your card in the list may differ dependant on the number of drives in your computer

You’ll need to right-click on the drive in the list representing your 64GB MicroSDXC card and click “Format partition”

Third : You need to select FAT32 for the File System, and 32KB for Cluster Size.
EaseUS doesn’t immediately apply the changes you specify. Instead, it queues them up so that you can review and revise them before you commit to having the program affect those changes. then we need to press the Apply button.

that's it ... now you can enjoy your 64gb MicroSd and you can mount it in TWRP or CWM recovery .

your welcome
I've tried this method, my card became 32GB
Then I put it into my Galaxy Note, it saw it also as 32GB, then I formatted the card with Gnote, then it became 64GB again

I was planning to create two partitions with minitools formatting tool, one was supoosed to be 16 GB FAT32 and the remaning part would be 48GB NTFS, and I was planning to use, Paragon NTFS to mount that NTFS partition on GNOTE.

But because after formatting on PC it became 32 GB I couldn't do that.

Any suggestions ?

redcero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks so much for this. I just bought a new 64 gb card for my phone and it "corrupted" on me twice. I plugged it in to my comp and it was exFat. Followed the directions here and formatted to fat32. Now I have to copy my files again. I hope this works. Oh and according to my phone, there is no update 4.1.2 for it. I am on 4.0.4 and it cannot find any updates so that doesnt really work for me.

thanatos1219
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default THANK YOU!!

I had been trying to do thiis for 4 hours when i saw ur post! Thanks sooo much..at first i got an error while formatting, but then i quit all other applications as recommended by the software and it woeked perfectly on my HTC Sensation. Thank You Soooo much

Careyst
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I was looking to format my card to Fat32 so I can use a Paranoid Android Rom. What happens when I want to flash another ROM and the new ROM is a Tochwiz Rom... Will I need to unformat the card or reverse it someway? I'm a newbie to this stuff.