OP gharrington

6th November 2012, 12:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 11,322

2,478 posts
Donate to Me
More
This Guide will show you how to Disable increasing ringtone and enable Record feature on Jellybean 4.1.1 without decompiling SecPhone.apk.

You will need to download the zip at the bottom of this thread and unpack folder to desktop.
Java jdk Installed and Environment Variables set correctly (if you donít know how Google it)
SecPhone.apk for you rom (Deodexed)
Notepad ++
And 7zip.

1. Place SecPhone.apk into SecPhone Diss folder downloaded previously.

2. Hold shift and right click mouse in folder to bring up menu and click: open command prompt here.

3. Type: java -Xmx512m -jar baksmali.jar SecPhone.apk and hit Enter. When this is finished you should have a new folder called out.

4. Go to: SecPhone Diss\SecPhone.apk\smali\com\android\phone and open Ringer$1.smali with Notepad ++.

5. Search for:Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V .There will be 2 entries. You want the first one, it should match the code below. The v1 v6 etc may be different!

6. Delete the line marked with -- .Increasing ringtone gone!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iget-object v1,v1,Lcom/android/phone/Ringer;>mAudioManager:Landroid/media/AudioManager;

-- invoke-virtual{v1, v6, v4, v5}, Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V

.line 573

const/4 v1, 0x7

const-wide/16 v2,0x7d0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Record function. If you donít want this function skip to step 10

7. Go to SecPhoneDiss\SecPhone.apk\smali\com\android\phone\ PhoneFeature .smali and open withNotepad ++

8. Search for invoke-static {}, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->makeFeatureForUsa()V

9. Add the code marked with ++

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
invoke-static {}, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->makeFeatureForJapan()V

.line 796

:cond_d

invoke-static {}, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->makeFeatureForUsa()V

.line 797

++sget-object v0, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->mFeatureList:Ljava/util/HashMap;

++const-string v2, "voice_call_recording"

++const/4 v4, 0x1

++invoke-static {v4}, Ljava/lang/Boolean;->valueOf(Z)Ljava/lang/Boolean;

++move-result-object v3

++invoke-virtual {v0, v2, v3}, Ljava/util/HashMap;->put(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;

return-void
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Now hold shift and right click mouse in folder to bring up menu and click: open command prompt here again and this time type: java -Xmx512m -jar smali.jar out -o classes.dex when complete you will have a new file called classes.dex

11. Right click SecPhone.apk and open archive with 7zip. Inside will be a file named classes.dex replace this one with the one just made by drag drop method.

Job done!

If this helps you the please click Thanks

Be sure to checkout my rom here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1970440

Disclaimer: Do at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage/data loss etc from doing this Mod. No one made you do it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SecPhone Diss.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.16 MB, 643 views)
Last edited by gharrington; 6th November 2012 at 09:44 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to gharrington For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

135 posts
Thank you! Will be trying this today.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
19th November 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 95

430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharrington

This Guide will show you how to Disable increasing ringtone and enable Record feature on Jellybean 4.1.1 without decompiling SecPhone.apk.

You will need to download the zip at the bottom of this thread and unpack folder to desktop.
Java jdk Installed and Environment Variables set correctly (if you donít know how Google it)
SecPhone.apk for you rom (Deodexed)
Notepad ++
And 7zip.

1. Place SecPhone.apk into SecPhone Diss folder downloaded previously.

2. Hold shift and right click mouse in folder to bring up menu and click: open command prompt here.

3. Type: java -Xmx512m -jar baksmali.jar SecPhone.apk and hit Enter. When this is finished you should have a new folder called out.

4. Go to: SecPhone Diss\SecPhone.apk\smali\com\android\phone and open Ringer$1.smali with Notepad ++.

5. Search for:Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V .There will be 2 entries. You want the first one, it should match the code below. The v1 v6 etc may be different!

6. Delete the line marked with -- .Increasing ringtone gone!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iget-object v1,v1,Lcom/android/phone/Ringer;>mAudioManager:Landroid/media/AudioManager;

-- invoke-virtual{v1, v6, v4, v5}, Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V

.line 573

const/4 v1, 0x7

const-wide/16 v2,0x7d0

Now for the Record function. If you donít want this function skip to step 10

7. Go to SecPhoneDiss\SecPhone.apk\smali\com\android\phone\ PhoneFeature .smali and open withNotepad ++

8. Search for invoke-static {}, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->makeFeatureForUsa()V

9. Add the code marked with ++

invoke-static {}, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->makeFeatureForJapan()V

.line 796

:cond_d

invoke-static {}, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->makeFeatureForUsa()V

.line 797

++sget-object v0, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->mFeatureList:Ljava/util/HashMap;

++const-string v2, "voice_call_recording"

++const/4 v4, 0x1

++invoke-static {v4}, Ljava/lang/Boolean;->valueOf(Z)Ljava/lang/Boolean;

++move-result-object v3

++invoke-virtual {v0, v2, v3}, Ljava/util/HashMap;->put(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/ObjectLjava/lang/Object;

return-void
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Now hold shift and right click mouse in folder to bring up menu and click: open command prompt here again and this time type: java -Xmx512m -jar smali.jar out -o classes.dex when complete you will have a new file called classes.dex

11. Right click SecPhone.apk and open archive with 7zip. Inside will be a file named classes.dex replace this one with the one just made by drag drop method.

Job done!

If this helps you the please click Thanks

Be sure to checkout my rom here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1970440

Disclaimer: Do at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage/data loss etc from doing this Mod. No one made you do it.

Thank you.
When we're on a call and receive another call via call waiting, answering a call gives up a dialog with 2 options:
"1. Putting caller 1 on hold
2. Ending call with caller 1"
This choice imo is very stupid, since it wastes time and negates the very purpose behind call waiting.
By the time I choose an option the call gets missed.
Can you show how to set default as "put caller 1 on hold".

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
19th November 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

65 posts
Thks..that a pretty simple n straight forward guide. Tried n working on deodexed ELK4 firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
25th November 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Is there any guide for stock ODEXED JB rom? Please, guys, help me, really need this mode!
14th December 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

9 posts
How should I alter these instructions for use on Ubuntu with an android development environment setup?
15th December 2012, 04:30 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane

2,478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorySCline

How should I alter these instructions for use on Ubuntu with an android development environment setup?

1. Insure java is installed.
2. Copy the two files downloaded baksmali.jar and smali.jar directly into home folder (remove them from SecPhone Diss folder) along with SecPhone.apk
3. Its pretty much same deal only you don't need 7zip just double click apks and they open as zip.
4.As long as the files are in home folder. instead of steps 2 + 10 just open terminal and type code.
5.In step 3 the folder created out will be created in home folder.

That should get you through if you get stuck just ask and ill try to help you. Also I just write this it might help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2048132
The Following User Says Thank You to gharrington For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2013, 06:15 PM   |  #8  
Oa
Thanks Meter: 285

843 posts
its the same thing with 4.1.2 ?
23rd January 2013, 09:06 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane

2,478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [HOW TO] JB Disable increasing ringtone + Enable record feature w/o apktool
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3nr1s

its the same thing with 4.1.2 ?

Yes mate will work for 4.1.2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gharrington For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 08:58 AM   |  #10  
call recording for 4.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharrington

Yes mate will work for 4.1.2.

will work for 4.2.1?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s3, record, ringtone, secphone.apk
Previous Thread Next Thread