Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] [ROOT] Instructions for SC-06D (Japanese SIII from Docomo) also ROM how-to

Tip us?

soldave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Note that Sakuramilk has dropped back to the nightly release from the 18th due to a problem with Superuser permissions. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon and a new nightly will be sorted as that version seemed to have fixed a few of the bugs still there.

Am wondering now whether to go back to CM9 or not until things get sorted.

SQ3.0dotJP
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Does reinstalling stock recovery work for sakuramilk's CM10? also didnt someone recompile paranoid android? if so, please shoot me a PM

soldave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but I'm getting a huge amount of crashes and then the phone won't start up, needing all data to be wiped. Have noticed it with the last 3 nightly builds of CM10. Am trying to work out if it's an app that it's not liking but not found anything yet.

society mike
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Hmm, never seen this on cm9.
That is why i haven't bothered with cm10 yet as there is no stable release.
G1 > HTC Magic > Desire HD (Softbank 001HT) > Galaxy S3 (Docomo SC-06D) > HTC One 64gb
Official Japanese S3 SC-06D ROOT and ROM thread!!!

soldave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Well even the CM9 from Sakuramilk is still on a nightly build and not an official stable release. But a lot more work has been done on it, I'll give you that.

society mike
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Yes there is a nightly build for his cm9 but there is also a stable release which I am using.
G1 > HTC Magic > Desire HD (Softbank 001HT) > Galaxy S3 (Docomo SC-06D) > HTC One 64gb

soldave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Where is his stable release? Doesn't seem to be on his Github page.

modality
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldave View Post
Where is his stable release? Doesn't seem to be on his Github page.
Here's the github page for daily and stable releases for the SC-06D: github.com/kbc-developers/release/wiki/SC06D

cezeff
Old
Thanks Meter 133
i know i asked before...but got no response...seeing as it looks like the focus is off the ICS and now on CM 9, 10 or JB...is there a kernel that will play nice with all???????l....the current ICS kernel on github cause the phone to be mostly unresponsive...so stuck using the stock kernel with just basic profiles...maybe the new update is to blame..

also....anyone know how to reset the flash counter?...lol
HTC Touch HD to HTC Hero to Samsung Vibrant to HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S2 Wimax to Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE....
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SC-06D) w/ 4.2.2 Vanilla Rootbox v3.9.1 + Samsung Galaxy S4 (SC-04E) w/ CM11 4.4.2

Im thinking of stop posting because the "Thanks" button seems to be broken....

society mike
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
If you are running the new OTA update then that's your problem. The kernels and ROMs in the instructions here are for L6 version.

There is NO need to do OTA updates when you have a custom rom.

Tags
root sc-06d sc06d docomo japan japanese