Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 45,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] [ROOT] Instructions for SC-06D (Japanese SIII from Docomo) also ROM how-to

Tip us?

society mike
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] Instructions for SC-06D (Japanese SIII from Docomo) also ROM how-t

You need the spmode APN
you'll get charged (or it won't work) on the mopera APN.

Edit.. Spモード
G1 > HTC Magic > Desire HD (Softbank 001HT) > Galaxy S3 (Docomo SC-06D) > HTC One 64gb
Official Japanese S3 SC-06D ROOT and ROM thread!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to society mike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hasteone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] Instructions for SC-06D (Japanese SIII from Docomo) also ROM how-t

Thank u sooo much Sir.. Worked perfectly..

Sent from my SC-06D using xda app-developers app

zeonramones
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezeff View Post
did you do a dirty flash?

try a clean flash using cm 10.1....and run it and see how it works....you shouldnt get any errors....start there first

i'm on the Rootbox ROM thats posted now and havent had any problems

if your wanting to go back to your stock ROM before rooting let me know and i'll help you out with downloading the latest stock ROM you were on....
reflashed everything. everything is ok now. LTE seems not to work though.

deimosh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What do you mean with this senctence?

"It is recommended to revert to stock and update your device first so you are running the latest baseband and download and flash the newest version of CWM (You can get it here"

You mean to run this file in ODIN before starting to flash? In Recovery mode. Sorry, I am little noobish here!

cezeff
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonramones View Post
reflashed everything. everything is ok now. LTE seems not to work though.
check your mobile settings and be sure you check to see that LTE is enabled and not just WDCMA...or use your hidden phone settings...

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deimosh View Post
What do you mean with this senctence?

"It is recommended to revert to stock and update your device first so you are running the latest baseband and download and flash the newest version of CWM (You can get it here"

You mean to run this file in ODIN before starting to flash? In Recovery mode. Sorry, I am little noobish here!
i mean download the latest stock ROM and flash it, then do the root method...thats if you want a sotck ROM that is rooted...if you want a custom ROM just download and flash it after you have your stock ROM already rooted...

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote:
No I did not, but when I have to do a dirty flash I lose all my data again. Is there an app whereby all the apps and data will be restored?
Like whatsapp messages, music, beautiful widget settings, location of the apps in homescreen, etc.

I saw 'My Backup Pro" in the play market. Does this really restore everything the way it was?

Also, I already googled it, but it seems that 3G drains much more battery than Wifi. In just 1 hour, I lost 6% battery with 3G, with wifi it is only 1-2%.

As a note, I am using the SC-06D in the Netherlands, Europe. A solution to this problem is much appreciated I think the problem is that my phone is looking for a 3G signal all the time and that is why the battery runs out very fast.
more then likely its sucking up battery trying to get a signal...almost all phones do better on wifi then they do on cellualr data. if you wouldve had your phone set up and then made a back up of it, restored it and then did a dirty flash , you wouldve kept all your data and set up...i did the exact thing and it kept all my data and set ups after i did the dirty flash....
HTC Touch HD to HTC Hero to Samsung Vibrant to HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S2 Wimax to Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE....
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SC-06D) w/ 4.2.2 Vanilla Rootbox v3.9.1 + Samsung Galaxy S4 (SC-04E) w/ CM11 4.4.2

Im thinking of stop posting because the "Thanks" button seems to be broken....

deimosh
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Thank you cezeff I'll try that. But before I install a new rom, I'm wondering what the cause is of my battery drain. I installed better battery stats but and check the results.

In only 9 hours, the battery dropped from 90% to 15. I did not use my phone often, but it keeps draining battery. Is it because the 180 wake ups for Google maps? Could that be the problem?

Because I'm thinking that the problem is that the network connection of my phone is bad, which means it needs more power to get a proper signal. But I cannot see if that's the problem at better battery stats.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360835319469.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1728930   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360835328979.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1728931   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360835336508.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1728932   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360835351863.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1728933  

jutaro
Old
Thanks Meter 9

I tried the rootbox rom but got no APN for sp mode and no wifi. Couldn't even turn wifi on.
Back on CM 10 now!
Whats that dirty flash method all about?
Is it stable?

Send from my C64 using load " Tapatalk ", 8,1 and run!
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SC-06D) Rooted and Carbon | iPhone 3g and 4

cezeff
Old
(Last edited by cezeff; 14th February 2013 at 06:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Thank you cezeff I'll try that. But before I install a new rom, I'm wondering what the cause is of my battery drain. I installed better battery stats but and check the results.

In only 9 hours, the battery dropped from 90% to 15. I did not use my phone often, but it keeps draining battery. Is it because the 180 wake ups for Google maps? Could that be the problem?

Because I'm thinking that the problem is that the network connection of my phone is bad, which means it needs more power to get a proper signal. But I cannot see if that's the problem at better battery stats.

uh hell yeah....turn google maps off...not only is your phone searching for a signal but its also searching for a gps signal....that will severely drain your battery...for a lot fo users they turn of the location based services and ensure that gps is used on wifi or you turn it on only when you need to use navigation...turning off Google Maps will see a significant improvement in your battery..

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutaro View Post
I tried the rootbox rom but got no APN for sp mode and no wifi. Couldn't even turn wifi on.
Back on CM 10 now!
Whats that dirty flash method all about?
Is it stable?

the dirty flash method is taking a fully functioning ROM settings and uses it for another...for example your on CM 10...everything works fine as far as the wifi settings, APN etc....its saved in a system file setting....when you completely wipe, that info is deleted and rebuilt once you run the new ROM....a dirty flash just has you flash over the ROM and not delete the previous ROM data, that way the new ROM can use it....so data from your apps, Wifi, etc will be used in your newly flashed ROM....its not something just discovered, dirty flashing has been around for quiet a bit and useful in cases where data like Wifi settings and stuff aren't working right....i was having wifi issues with the Rootbox ROM till i did a dirty flash and i'm good to go...sorry thats the best way i can explain it...hopes that helps
HTC Touch HD to HTC Hero to Samsung Vibrant to HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S2 Wimax to Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE....
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SC-06D) w/ 4.2.2 Vanilla Rootbox v3.9.1 + Samsung Galaxy S4 (SC-04E) w/ CM11 4.4.2

cezeff
Old
Thanks Meter 133
just to let you guys know...there now a new updated kernel on KBC Developers Github page...dated for 14 Feb...

jutaro
Old
Thanks Meter 9

I see! I did it once with CM10.1 and i couldn't hear the caller nor could they hear me.
So your rom is running smoothly after a dirty flash? No hiccups?

Samsung Galaxy S3 (SC-06D) Rooted and Carbon | iPhone 3g and 4

Tags
root sc-06d sc06d docomo japan japanese