XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X and Galaxy 3 comparison thread

Tip us?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia View Post
audio quality direct comparison of SGS3 vs HOX by GSMArena and SGS3 wins it.
edit: am i the only one actually reading the comparison articles? lol
You realize how ridiculous these audio comparisons are, right? 90+% of people using a smartphone for audio are "casual" listeners. They are most likely using highly compressed audio files and $50 headsets. For that audience there would be no difference between a Wolfson and Realtek DAC. For those with $300+ headsets, store music in lossless files, and have thousands of dollars of home audio equipment (which it's still questionable to choose a phone to output to) then there's no other phone on the market to even consider. Everyone reads how important others make a feature out to be and glom on to without even understanding what it means (if anything) to them personally.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Goku80
Old
Thanks Meter 6473
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
You realize how ridiculous these audio comparisons are, right? 90+% of people using a smartphone for audio are "casual" listeners. They are most likely using highly compressed audio files and $50 headsets. For that audience there would be no difference between a Wolfson and Realtek DAC. For those with $300+ headsets, store music in lossless files, and have thousands of dollars of home audio equipment (which it's still questionable to choose a phone to output to) then there's no other phone on the market to even consider. Everyone reads how important others make a feature out to be and glom on to without even understanding what it means (if anything) to them personally.
not everyone really cares what chipset a phone has..and i am talking about audio ones..if the phone has clear audio and the music that comes out from the headphones is clear and crystal no one really gives a toss about the comparisons and stuff...well said post mate

pewpewbangbang
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucasm93 View Post
I don't think you are a reasonable poster either, but that doesn't mean you aren't.
Hey, everyones unreasonable sometimes. My posts are based off supported facts though most of the time and I have no biased views on any phones.

Pa1nk1ller your posts were unreasonable in that you stated 100% in no way LCD could be or is better than amoled and you don't understand why anyone would take slcd2 over samoled.

There's pros and cons of each with everyone having a different preference.

If you like saturated colors and deepest blacks choose samoled.

If you like more warmer less oversatturated colors, whiter whites, higher dpi/ppi then go with slcd2.

Having owned both samoled hd and slcd2 ill say slcd2 is probably one of the best IPs panels along with the iPhone out. It's colors are much more vibrant compared to older and other LCD panels/phones and contrast has improved a lot and narrowed the gap with it and samoled.

I also web browse a lot so whites and a lot less power consumption on whites matters more to me as well as ppi, so I now prefer slcd2 to samoled.

Everyone will have their own preference and wants.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Goku80
Old
Thanks Meter 6473
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
Hey, everyones unreasonable sometimes. My posts are based off supported facts though most of the time and I have no biased views on any phones.

Pa1nk1ller your posts were unreasonable in that you stated 100% in no way LCD could be or is better than amoled and you don't understand why anyone would take slcd2 over samoled.

There's pros and cons of each with everyone having a different preference.

If you like saturated colors and deepest blacks choose samoled.

If you like more warmer less oversatturated colors, whiter whites, higher dpi/ppi then go with slcd2.

Having owned both samoled hd and slcd2 ill say slcd2 is probably one of the best IPs panels along with the iPhone out. It's colors are much more vibrant compared to older and other LCD panels/phones and contrast has improved a lot and narrowed the gap with it and samoled.

I also web browse a lot so whites and a lot less power consumption on whites matters more to me as well as ppi, so I now prefer slcd2 to samoled.

Everyone will have their own preference and wants.

if i had a choice between AMOLED and SLCD2 i would go for the second one. brighter specially when you are outside, not as low and dark and more beautiful colourwise. in regards to the Amoled though the dark colours are out of this world..very hard choice and both are beautiful in there own right....but for me since i prefer to see what i am actually doing on my phone screen when i am outside i would go for the slcd2
The Following User Says Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pewpewbangbang
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80 View Post
if i had a choice between AMOLED and SLCD2 i would go for the second one. brighter specially when you are outside, not as low and dark and more beautiful colourwise. in regards to the Amoled though the dark colours are out of this world..very hard choice and both are beautiful in there own right....but for me since i prefer to see what i am actually doing on my phone screen when i am outside i would go for the slcd2
Samoled is actually pretty good outdoors. And the Sgs3 panel is like 50% brighter than the gnex I think.

tylerdurdin
Old
Thanks Meter 430
I am eliminating any possibility of not having the best phone by having them both. I will just have a nice work phone and a nice weekend phone. Both these phones will be sick and this is my hobby so no sense in having to choose one....that's the only option I see everyone weighing that really sucks.

killing is my business, And business is good.

HTC HD2, Sony Xperia X10, Samsung Captivate, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC One X, HTC One

Goku80
Old
Thanks Meter 6473
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
Samoled is actually pretty good outdoors. And the Sgs3 panel is like 50% brighter than the gnex I think.

just going by what i was use to with the s2...and in a few weeks i will be checking the s3 anyways

mrvirginia
Old
(Last edited by mrvirginia; 25th May 2012 at 09:59 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
you're right, i do think it's a ridiculous comparison. i was posting facts though since there were claims that the audio output was better on the HOX. that's the only reason i posted it. however, i am happy knowing that the audio output is slightly better on the SGS3 since the audio output on my GNex isn't as good as i'd like it to be. so, although these comparisons may seem a bit ridiculous, it's still nice to know that the audio output won't be crap.

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3806
Here's something else on the subjective side that appeals to me. Some screenshots on Engadget made me think about it. With SAMOLED, you get better blacks. And, to conserve battery, you live in a "black" world. The UI, menu, and Samsung apps are all intentionally dark. Sense is totally opposite with a bias toward light colors and white. After 11 months with the SGS2 it's a nice change. And for those talking about visibility in daylight, it's a lot easier to see black text on a white backround then vice versa.

Here's some comparison screen shots.

Also, HTC's aesthetics are a bit more comtemporary. The dialer in the SGS3 is the same one they've used (including the circa 2002 video calling over 3G icon)
since the i9000. I know it's a matter of taste and some people like Samsung's dark backgrounds and consistency but I'm kind of liking the more lighter, modern, and detailed look of Sense.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Goku80
Old
Thanks Meter 6473
Quote:
And for those talking about visibility in daylight, it's a lot easier to see black text on a white backround then vice versa.
i know..that is one thing i like about slcd2

Tags
hox fanboys = apple fanboys, i thought we saved this crap for apple?, pathetic fanboys, sgs 3 is a piece of bull sh*t
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe