I9300 4.1.1 OTA - The Ultimate Thread - ROM - BUGLIST - Latest : XXDLI8 16-09-2012

OP Lennyuk

17th September 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #1431  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,478

5,760 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

I love getting serious responses to clearly marked sarcastic posts.

However, I don't assume anything of the sort, but the machine that does the build is obviously set to use a korean timezone (based on the kernel build timestamp of them - KST is "Korean Standard Time" [UTC+9])

As well, being that you seem to want to discuss build times and locations, Korea is nearly on the "other side of the world" from me (+13 hours from me (I'm -4, they are +9)), and the leaks usually occur during what would be normal working hours for Korea. The only exception I've seen (when I was paying attention), was the one time that I waited until about 6am my time to apply an update. That time, there was a leak that had a kernel build time of around 1900 KST. (I am making a reasonable assumption about their normal working hours here based on the fact that my company outsources some QC work to S. Korea.)

Take care
Gary

Although I chose your post to quote the content of my post wasn't aimed solely at you, more a general observation that a lot of people have assumed that it is built by Korea.

How I imagine its working is they are built in various locations on a server that is in Korea (hence the time stamp), this server is probably accessible by Samsung offices around the world (not to dissimilar to the CM build-box).

I might be completely wide of the Mark but I think a lot of the rom developing for the S3 has been done in Europe.
17th September 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #1432  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 200

1,125 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanius

There are no change logs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

ok thanks but if your ol the latest have u noticed any changes of sort, performance boost
17th September 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #1433  
Thanks Meter: 191

1,481 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias_neo

Has anyone managed to get these builds to stop switching back to Samsung Keyboard on reboot yet? I'v got Swiftkey 3 and every reboot switches me back, it did it in LI7 and does it in LI8, or is this just a known bug? I'll probably just uninstall Samsung Keyboard if I can't get it to stay.

I use Smartkeyboard Pro and it sticks fine after a re-boot. As most people are seeing the issue with Switkey, I would suggest that it is related to Swiftkey, not the ROM. There is a workaround which involves Titanium backup the app, uninstall it, then restore it from the backup.
Last edited by AMoosa; 17th September 2012 at 06:17 PM.
17th September 2012, 07:40 PM   |  #1434  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,478

5,760 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa

I use Smartkeyboard Pro and it sticks fine after a re-boot. As most people are seeing the issue with Switkey, I would suggest that it is related to Swiftkey, not the ROM. There is a workaround which involves Titanium backup the app, uninstall it, then restore it from the backup.

Its not swiftkey, its to do with protected apps installing from the market, someone explained it in a post this morning (god knows how many pages back that is now though....)
17th September 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #1435  
Flag Aix-en-Provence (04100)
Thanks Meter: 56

264 posts
More
Maybe I have find an issue with the lattest leak (and perhaps other one).

Video call with native samsung/android apps doesn't work for me. It works fine on ICS BLG8. And you ? Any issue with it ?
17th September 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #1436  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Bug with DLI8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomo87

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported yet, or if it was present in the other leaks. But while listening to music, if I try and unlock the phone the music pauses until the next screen has loaded fully. I've tested a few different music player apps and several different shortcuts and all have the same result.

The bug quoted above also seems to be present in DLI8. The files are in wma format and playing in the stock music app and the winamp app
18th September 2012, 02:11 AM   |  #1437  
Flag Buried deep inside my mind
Thanks Meter: 73

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomo87

The bug quoted above also seems to be present in DLI8. The files are in wma format and playing in the stock music app and the winamp app

weird, I don't have it on LI5, not even with videos
18th September 2012, 03:55 AM   |  #1438  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
the transparency bug in nova or apex still exists in DLI8.
18th September 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #1439  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alankstiyo

weird, I don't have it on LI5, not even with videos

I never noticed it on any of the previous leaks, I should probably factory reset as a troubleshooting tool, but I'm slack for it. Might be something to do tonight.
18th September 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #1440  
Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 152

760 posts
More
Anyone facing extremely sow charging with the leaks?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread