XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Low In-Call Volume

Tip us?

firewasborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Low In-Call Volume

First post here on the forum, so bare with me!

I've been flashing around with CM for quite a while, now on the latest CM 11-20131208-NIGHTLY-i9300

My problem is, that some updates ago, maybe even on 10.1, the earpiece sound when I'm in a call is so low that I almost can't hear the other person.

I have been looking around on other forums searching for a volume hack/mod and found several but the thing is that all of them mods either default_gain.conf or snd_soc_msm_2x and
should be located in system/etc but the files are nowhere to be found!
My phone is rooted, filemanager is set to show hidden files and to use with root-access, still no luck.

Almost gave up but hope someone here will come to rescue! Thanks!

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704138

them mods either default_gain.conf
You don't have a Samsung rom is why .

firewasborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I know, Ive read through several threads, but that still doesnt explain why it worked totally fine on previous CM10 roms?

firewasborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh my, never could have thought of this, but I was searching and well, seems like the earpiece has been all clogged up!
Removed some of the dirt with a toothbrush and it's back to normal!

Sorry for the inconvenience guys! Hopefully someone will take note of this and be as happy as I am!

Zizza
Old
Thanks Meter 9
default_gain.conf didnt give me much relief with my low volume issues... and id rather not mess with mods i dont completely understand.
Using my earphones seem to work alot better and also has a builtin mic.

I may look into getting my phone cleaned out for dust as this may very well be my issue aswell my work environment is very dusty at times.