5,595,000 Members 38,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Indian GS3 Owners Thread -Discussion, reviews and more

Tip us?

shethsa
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Re: Official Indian GS3 Owners Thread -Discussion, reviews and more

Put a good quality cover on your note 2 and it will feel much better and heavier as well! Problem solved

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Sharp-Razr
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Put a good quality cover on your note 2 and it will feel much better and heavier as well! Problem solved
What's the point of 'covering up'? The point is their phones could do with an improvement in build quality.

I may have 2 of Samsung's 'high end' flagship phones but I am no fan boy of either Samsung..or any other phone brand for that matter.

seltaeb
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-Razr View Post
What's the point of 'covering up'? The point is their phones could do with an improvement in build quality.

I may have 2 of Samsung's 'high end' flagship phones but I am no fan boy of either Samsung..or any other phone brand for that matter.
Actually I think the build 'quality' itself is not an issue, because Sammy is certainly using high quality materials / components and the phones are put together quite well. However, the look of the phones is far from premium -- its more of a design issue than a quality one.

PS: Looks apart, I think both the S3 and Note 2 are fantastic devices.

Sharp-Razr
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by seltaeb View Post
Actually I think the build 'quality' itself is not an issue, because Sammy is certainly using high quality materials / components and the phones are put together quite well. However, the look of the phones is far from premium -- its more of a design issue than a quality one..
The plastics they use a definitely high grade but you know what..using plastic and using glass/metal give a very different look & feel to the phone. That premium look & feel is missing IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltaeb View Post
PS: Looks apart, I think both the S3 and Note 2 are fantastic devices.
I agree without hesitation. I feel the SGN2 is better than the SGS3. The SGN2 is the best phone I have ever used..,period. Handily beating the Apples, Nokias, Motorolas that I had in the past. If only these guys could do something about the build.

seltaeb
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Default Official Indian GS3 Owners Thread -Discussion, reviews and more

Quote:
The plastics they use a definitely high grade but you know what..using plastic and using glass/metal give a very different look & feel to the phone. That premium look & feel is missing IMO.
I agree. They should also go easy on the over-saturated colours and gaudy icons. Also -- fix the goddamn color banding, it drives me nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vnky12
Old
Thanks Meter 2

When ever I use music player the phone doesn't sleep..it's that because my music files on sd card..or any other reason

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

kachrukamble
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1340
Quote:

Samsung is expert compelling people to buy their flagship products.
they know how to marketing the products.
and when we Talk about android device, Samsung is way easy user friendly software and hardware. Dev support is another aspect.
Resulting; thy are Market leader of current Android operating system.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speek only when you feel your words are better than your silence......!
----------------------------
Device:
Galaxy S4 I9500

shethsa
Old
Thanks Meter 25

Agree. They are literally flooding the media with note 2 ads, which they did with the s3 a couple of months ago. But they seriously need a better svc centre strategy in place. Those guys behave like roadside cycle repair shops.

Kage01
Old
Thanks Meter 60
If you are getting SD card issues like sudden removal of card etc, then use this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sdcardmonitor

It will monitor how many times the card is getting ejected in the background and you can ascertain if media scanner is eating up your battery.

Please hit the thanks button if you liked my post.

seltaeb
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Agree. They are literally flooding the media with note 2 ads, which they did with the s3 a couple of months ago. But they seriously need a better svc centre strategy in place. Those guys behave like roadside cycle repair shops.

Look at this to get an idea of Samsung's marketing spend vis-a-vis competitors: http://www.businessinsider.com/chart...budget-2012-11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mkting-spend.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1725932  

The Following User Says Thank You to seltaeb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
all big talkers still haven't got s3, android master is homo, bala the great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, bala_gamer the boss, brar.arsh : i know everything, brar.arsh wants to help bala_gamer to brick his s3, bulk deals, epic fail thread, galaxy s3 weak camera, htc one x better then gs3, india samsung galaxy s3 / siii, iphone 4s camera, kachru fears dragon!!!!!!!!!!, karch want to sell his s3, karchu we know you love s2 more than s3, ngpay fraud, sulekha delay, the most off topic place on xda, what pair gadgetcheck~gadgetcraze rockrag~rock2702