Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[OFFICIAL] Korean Galaxy S III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Thread

OP M@31

10th February 2013, 10:57 PM   |  #1071  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Just got a SHV-E210L, LG U+ LTE Galaxy S3.

Actually i was looking for verizon S3 to be paired with my local cdma provider.
But i stumble upon a korean S3 and got hooked with quad core + 2gb mem.
When i purchased, the seller told me its running in GSM.
Right now im sticking it with a gsm sim card, which is nicely connected.

But after founding out that LG U+ is actually a cdma provider, does my S3 work with CDMA simcard?
if so, i would like it to be my cdma phone, not gsm.
12th February 2013, 11:32 AM   |  #1072  
Seoul
Thanks Meter: 90

120 posts
Roms
Edit: Moved to Rom thread
Last edited by pFo-Mac; 13th February 2013 at 02:27 PM.
13th February 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #1073  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
See my review!
I'm sorry I'm using my mother language, Bahasa Indonesia.

Just check it out:
reviewing body

UI + Benchmark:

I currently using SHV-E210K in Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by machedo

I'm sorry I'm using my mother language, Bahasa Indonesia.

Just check it out:
reviewing body

UI + Benchmark:

I currently using SHV-E210K in Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2

If you have any question, just ask me.
Email: machedostore.com
Whatsapp: +6281808145212

Sent from my SHV-E210K using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 06:40 AM   |  #1074  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrh3

Finally got LTE/4G working on Telstra with SHV-e210k.

To help anyone else who may have the same problem (or encounters it in the future)...you have to change the Telstra APN (Access Point Name under Mobile Network settings) to "telstra.internet"...(by default it is probably telstra.wap or telstra.iph, but for 4g, it MUST end in .internet).

So, in summary, I can add to the list of getting the phone confirmed working on Telstra 4G and 3G (however, 3G will no longer work after 31 August 2012 on Telstra as they are turning off their 2100mhz 3G network...so it will only be 4G or dreadfully slow 2G/GSM).

HOWEVER - unless I'm messing something up - you cannot send or receive calls if in 4g mode. I'm guessing because you have to force the phone to LTE only to get 4g, and there is no voice over 4g. So I had to switch back to 3g in the end so I could use both voice and data. So looks like Telstra 4g and this phone are incompatible after all unless you don't care about voice.

Optus is probably the best choice for the phone in Australia as you can use their 3G and 4G (their 4G is apparently coming 'very soon' - in the next few months...testing is complete).

Ive got a SHV-E210S which i got from korea, Im using Telstra and Optus but i couldnt get the phone connect to the 4G network. I had changed the APN to telstra.internet already but it still showing 3G. I had call customer services for Telstra and Optus but they just cant help me so I just want to ask if anyone on the forum knows the setting. Thanks
14th February 2013, 08:50 AM   |  #1075  
Flag Busan
Thanks Meter: 205

446 posts
More
Re: [OFFICIAL] Korean Galaxy S III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_kev

Ive got a SHV-E210S which i got from korea, Im using Telstra and Optus but i couldnt get the phone connect to the 4G network. I had changed the APN to telstra.internet already but it still showing 3G. I had call customer services for Telstra and Optus but they just cant help me so I just want to ask if anyone on the forum knows the setting. Thanks

Pretty sure the S and K models use a different lte frequency. You need to see if the phones frequencies match with phone companies. If not you'll be stuck with 3g.

Sent from my SHW-M440S which thinks it's an GT-I9300 on Omega rom using xda app-developers app
16th February 2013, 07:30 AM   |  #1076  
Thanks Meter: 7

35 posts
More
Re: [OFFICIAL] Korean Galaxy S III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Thread
You can use the SKT Hidden Menu to change the frequency to LTE 1800 but you won't be able to make or receive calls. I can confirm this setting works for LTE data on both the Telstra and Optus networks. If you figure out a way to also enable voice, please let me know.

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk 2
20th February 2013, 02:19 PM   |  #1077  
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

you have to choose between 4g or 3g(including 2g) usage, and 4g is for data only.

Why do you say that? Is it because it doesn't support CS fallback or are there any technical issues?

Does anyone know if the SHV-E210K will work on any LTE1800 network that the iPhone5 frequencies work?

Thanks,
George
20th February 2013, 02:23 PM   |  #1078  
Thanks Meter: 856

4,790 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjGeNeSiS

Why do you say that? Is it because it doesn't support CS fallback or are there any technical issues?

Does anyone know if the SHV-E210K will work on any LTE1800 network that the iPhone5 frequencies work?

Thanks,
George

it's either 4G only data on LTE1800 no calls available, or 3g and below only for data and calls.
20th February 2013, 02:28 PM   |  #1079  
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

it's either 4G only data on LTE1800 no calls available, or 3g and below only for data and calls.

Why is that? I don't get it, i have never heard that before.
If the phone supports CSFB then this should not be the case.

LTE is only for data, sure, but when a call is about to begin, the phone falls back to 3G and performs a normal call, then reselects back to 4G.

Can you explain why this does not work for the E210K?
What type of LTE network do they have in KOREA? LTE-FDD or LTE-TDD? I can't find it.
20th February 2013, 02:30 PM   |  #1080  
Thanks Meter: 856

4,790 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjGeNeSiS

Why is that? I don't get it, i have never heard that before.
If the phone supports CSFB then this should not be the case.

LTE is only for data, sure, but when a call is about to begin, the phone falls back to 3G and performs a normal call, then reselects back to 4G.

Can you explain why this does not work for the E210K?
What type of LTE network do they have in KOREA? LTE-FDD or LTE-TDD? I can't find it.

may be you should ask samsung that.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread