Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[OFFICIAL] Korean Galaxy S III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Thread

OP M@31

20th June 2012, 06:40 AM   |  #21  
Account currently disabled
Flag Palermo
Thanks Meter: 131
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Are those gsm or cdma phones?
20th June 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Daegu
Thanks Meter: 419
 
1,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toṭ̣̣

Are those gsm or cdma phones?

They are using CDMA, just not exactly sure of the frequency values.


This is what wikipedia says

"CDMA S. Korea (uplink)1750–1780 (downlink)1840–1870"
Last edited by M@31; 20th June 2012 at 07:39 AM.
20th June 2012, 07:48 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toṭ̣̣

Are those gsm or cdma phones?

SKT: HSPA+ 2100, LTE 800/1800
KT: HSPA+ 2100, LTE 1800
LGU: CDMA rev.B 1800, LTE 800

KT officially closed CDMA service at last April (about one year phasing out period) and SKT still do CDMA but not accepting new CDMA account since about two years ago same as KT.

Yep as long as you stay with SKT and KT phone, it is compatible to AT&T HSPA band.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Radukk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
How would someone in north america be able to get the korean version?
20th June 2012, 09:16 AM   |  #25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
kor s3 VoLTE start
kor Samsung Galaxy S III volte start
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LEjjXp7SzAYfuFoDo1bt.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1142224  
21st June 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Daegu
Thanks Meter: 419
 
1,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Anyone know of a way to get around the Play Store restrictions?

I have Market Enabler, but it does not work anymore.
I have tried the the Play Store + Mod that is floating around, but that did not seem to work either....

Any suggestions?
21st June 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31

Anyone know of a way to get around the Play Store restrictions?

I have Market Enabler, but it does not work anymore.
I have tried the the Play Store + Mod that is floating around, but that did not seem to work either....

Any suggestions?

Try market unlocker. My brother has been using it, so I don't know how it works. Google is your friend!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to amgpower63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2012, 07:13 AM   |  #28  
p33k's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Busan
Thanks Meter: 205
 
446 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
A vpn would work probably but that costs $$$
The Following User Says Thank You to p33k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2012, 08:19 AM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Daegu
Thanks Meter: 419
 
1,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgpower63

Try market unlocker. My brother has been using it, so I don't know how it works. Google is your friend!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just tried it.....isnt working still.

I think using a VPN might be my only bet, but really do not want to pay for a service so I can pay for an app......

Just ridiculous that all the games aren't available in all the countries....
22nd June 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #30  
Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radukk

SKT: HSPA+ 2100, LTE 800/1800
KT: HSPA+ 2100, LTE 1800
LGU: CDMA rev.B 1800, LTE 800

KT officially closed CDMA service at last April (about one year phasing out period) and SKT still do CDMA but not accepting new CDMA account since about two years ago same as KT.

Yep as long as you stay with SKT and KT phone, it is compatible to AT&T HSPA band.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Would be ideal for it to have
SKT: HSPA+ 850/2100, LTE 800/1800

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes