FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Official Reviews, Previews and Comparisons as they come thread.

 
 
25th May 2012, 02:25 PM |#42  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
F. Stuff Full Review:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/newr...eply&t=1662822

Summary: Stuff.tv full review of the Galaxy S3. Battery life test shows it as double that of the HTC One X.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaskedMagi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 03:07 PM |#43  
istoica's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacele BV
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
As promised here is the second segment of my review of the Samsung Galaxy S III:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2sfbY176vU
Security is good on this device.
Enjoy it!
The Following User Says Thank You to istoica For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 03:22 PM |#44  
sak500's Avatar
Senior Member
Dubai
Thanks Meter: 280
 
More
Overall good score in Passmark but 3D score is quite low. See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-25 18.15.50.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1083678   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-25 18.16.24.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1083679   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-25 18.17.33.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1083680  
25th May 2012, 03:26 PM |#45  
Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
THe Verge review is up. Back to reading..http://http://www.theverge.com/2012/...y-s-iii-review
25th May 2012, 04:47 PM |#46  
mrvirginia's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,674
 
Donate to Me
More
engadget review is up! http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/25/s...-s-iii-review/
25th May 2012, 05:48 PM |#47  
Member
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia

engadget review is up! http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/25/s...-s-iii-review/

I have a feeling they already made choice before even the first test, not because of they didn't review in favor of the s3, but because alot of their results are compared in a negative way towards to One x, running a whole bunch of retarded (in my eyes) benchmarks which are limited by 2 cores, or by the screen refreshing rate for example. Also they claim the battery life isn't that good, but I haven't seen a graph showing it or their testing method for that matter. I was also amazed by their conclusion, I read the whole thing and was very positive, to find out in their conclusion they don't recommend it.. Strange.

They also compared it majorly to the One X US version, which has the S4 SoC. Won't the S3 get the same in the US?
25th May 2012, 06:04 PM |#48  
istoica's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacele BV
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinn

I have a feeling they already made choice before even the first test, not because of they didn't review in favor of the s3, but because alot of their results are compared in a negative way towards to One x, running a whole bunch of retarded (in my eyes) benchmarks which are limited by 2 cores, or by the screen refreshing rate for example. Also they claim the battery life isn't that good, but I haven't seen a graph showing it or their testing method for that matter. I was also amazed by their conclusion, I read the whole thing and was very positive, to find out in their conclusion they don't recommend it.. Strange.

They also compared it majorly to the One X US version, which has the S4 SoC. Won't the S3 get the same in the US?

I agree. I tested intensivly the S3 and I know what I am saying. Engadget is known for taking sides
25th May 2012, 06:31 PM |#49  
stirkac's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag the Internet
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
The Verge has the best review to date. period. I do not even mind reading Engadget, they are always full of ****.



To be honest I will get myself HTC for the looks and added resell value. But i'm shure GS3 will be mainstream as GS1, even with it's (potential)flaws.
25th May 2012, 06:41 PM |#50  
Retired Recognized Developer
Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2,615
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirkac

The Verge has the best review to date. period. I do not even mind reading Engadget, they are always full of ****.



To be honest I will get myself HTC for the looks and added resell value. But i'm shure GS3 will be mainstream as GS1, even with it's (potential)flaws.

Good Stuff

Unequaled performance
Excellent camera
Functionally sound design
Android tweaks have mostly been for the better

Bad Stuff

Aesthetically challenged
TouchWiz takes getting used to
S Voice is no less of a gimmick than Siri
Samsung has a history of failing to update phones on time


Lol, Verge had hard time to find the bad things. A pretty ****ty review as usual from Verge
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes