- CWM Touch 22.214.171.124+ or latest TWRP (if you have a metadata error when flashing, you're using a wrong recovery!)
- Knowledge about Android installation
- A brain
- Hands (Note: a thorough study had shown that no both hands are required for the process)
Use PA-gapps in the meantime:
- Download gapps and the latest nightly build
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the nightly build then gapps
- WIPE DATA!!!
- Reboot and enjoy your KitKat
OmniROM should pop-up notifications about new nightlies being available.
Known device specific issues:
- Device does not enumerate on USB if booted up while connected to PC.
- Headphones playback path gets nuked if using microphone while listening to music. (Requires reconnecting headset)
- HWC module is a dummy
Q: Why do I get error code 7 when trying to flash ?
A: Because you are using old recovery. Update to the latest TWRP.
Q: Why is there a link for nightlies and for test builds?
A: Test builds got patches cherrypicked in that aren't tested well enough yet to be merged.
Warning 1: Mobile data connection is enabled by default.
Warning 2: Remember to BACKUP your data.
OmniROM 4.4 for GT-I9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
XpLoDWilD, Entropy512, Rebellos
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Last Updated 2014-08-19