Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[With pics] How to replace only the glass (not the whole "LCD") on a Galaxy S3!

Tip us?

Drakenfall
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker1985 View Post
You can do it. Its n ot that difficult but there will be few side effects like dust problem. it is only visible in bright sunlight not indoor.
Before replacing glass remove motherboard and other parts. So heat will not damage them.
Just to say, that after all this time, i finally got the guts to do it, and everything went very weel, i used a professional hairdryer, a knife, and in 5 minutes, all come off, then i used double tape especially for this, and itīs done.

quaker1985
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakenfall View Post
Just to say, that after all this time, i finally got the guts to do it, and everything went very weel, i used a professional hairdryer, a knife, and in 5 minutes, all come off, then i used double tape especially for this, and itīs done.

Great nice to hear that.
It took me 1 hour because i was afraid that i might damage screen and i was using normal hairdryer.
and i didn't use any tape i just push the glass firmly.

zzsomebody
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrzychuG View Post
Well, if you have a proper hardware you can usually recover the AMOLED panel
Hi Krzychu,

Can you clarify on the exact hardware that you speak of here please? Got a link, a picture or something to identify this hardware?

Or do you mean the process of removing the panel from the Mid Frame and its delicate nature of doing so.

As many would likely imagine or vouch that certainly it is quite a tricky process to manually have this down to a fine art.

I cannot imagine there be any experts in this world who have not actually broken one, as normally for whatever reason, it seems one need to break one or two just to get the complete knack of the manual removal process, IMO~!

If there is such Panel removal hardware for these, then I certainly am all ears and keen to see

nosediger
Old
Thanks Meter 4
wewh... looking at your review, considering lower screen quality is inevitable, it seems that it will not be worthed replacing the screen by ourself.

vantt1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosediger View Post
wewh... looking at your review, considering lower screen quality is inevitable, it seems that it will not be worthed replacing the screen by ourself.
Well, you get what you pay for. $20 screen repair = ~20% of the quality of a full assembly replacement.
Previously Owned Phones:

Nokia 8310 | Sony Ericsson T68i | Samsung SGH-A701 | iPhone 3GS | Nokia N97 | Nokia X6

Current Android(s):
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition GT-i9515

• Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520
Old Androids:
  • Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100 (sold)
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-i9305 4G LTE (given away (thread linked was removed by mod))
  • Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100

m.harby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks so much

vantt1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Separating the screen assembly from the frame? Nope!

Previously Owned Phones:

Nokia 8310 | Sony Ericsson T68i | Samsung SGH-A701 | iPhone 3GS | Nokia N97 | Nokia X6

Current Android(s):
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition GT-i9515

• Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520
Old Androids:
  • Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100 (sold)
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-i9305 4G LTE (given away (thread linked was removed by mod))
  • Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100

jd23xny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy My phone is Cracked

Hello how much is the average front glass repair only.....

Sincap80
Old
Thanks Meter 0
nice how to

Tags
amoled, broken glass, galaxy s3, galaxy s4, separate