[With pics] How to replace only the glass (not the whole "LCD") on a Galaxy S3!

OP vantt1

7th April 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 22

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker1985

You can do it. Its n ot that difficult but there will be few side effects like dust problem. it is only visible in bright sunlight not indoor.
Before replacing glass remove motherboard and other parts. So heat will not damage them.

Just to say, that after all this time, i finally got the guts to do it, and everything went very weel, i used a professional hairdryer, a knife, and in 5 minutes, all come off, then i used double tape especially for this, and itīs done.

8th April 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #42  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 22

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakenfall

Just to say, that after all this time, i finally got the guts to do it, and everything went very weel, i used a professional hairdryer, a knife, and in 5 minutes, all come off, then i used double tape especially for this, and itīs done.

Great nice to hear that.
It took me 1 hour because i was afraid that i might damage screen and i was using normal hairdryer.
and i didn't use any tape i just push the glass firmly.
9th April 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrzychuG

Well, if you have a proper hardware you can usually recover the AMOLED panel

Hi Krzychu,

Can you clarify on the exact hardware that you speak of here please? Got a link, a picture or something to identify this hardware?

Or do you mean the process of removing the panel from the Mid Frame and its delicate nature of doing so.

As many would likely imagine or vouch that certainly it is quite a tricky process to manually have this down to a fine art.

I cannot imagine there be any experts in this world who have not actually broken one, as normally for whatever reason, it seems one need to break one or two just to get the complete knack of the manual removal process, IMO~!

If there is such Panel removal hardware for these, then I certainly am all ears and keen to see
11th April 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 8

27 posts
wewh... looking at your review, considering lower screen quality is inevitable, it seems that it will not be worthed replacing the screen by ourself.
12th April 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #45  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 197

563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosediger

wewh... looking at your review, considering lower screen quality is inevitable, it seems that it will not be worthed replacing the screen by ourself.

Well, you get what you pay for. $20 screen repair = ~20% of the quality of a full assembly replacement.
13th April 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
thanks so much
26th May 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #47  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 197

563 posts
More
Separating the screen assembly from the frame? Nope!

15th June 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #48  

9 posts
More
Unhappy My phone is Cracked
Hello how much is the average front glass repair only.....
15th June 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #49  

26 posts
nice how to
21st September 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #50  
Flag Columbus

1 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile What to do with old/broken assy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankChill

Chuck it

The company shown in the video, Etrade, does pay for old/broken assy, but, I didn't check into requirements. I would think that you would have to send in a significant quantity to make it worthwhile for them to accept. I do iPhone and iPod Touch repairs from home and have been collecting the broken ones. I figure once I have 50-100, I'll see about sending them in for some extra cash

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd23xny

Hello how much is the average front glass repair only.....

$10-15 just for glass. Whole assy, Samsung S5 $150-180, iPhone 5S $50. Android phones will generally cost more because of large number of manufacturers and models, and because model changes are usually more dramatic than iPhones. iPhones, only one manufacturer and only slight changes from original to the 5S. I would imagine when iPhone 6 and 6 plus replacement assy are available, they will be up in cost closer to Samsung.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amoled, broken glass, galaxy s3, galaxy s4, separate
Previous Thread Next Thread