5,594,282 Members 43,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PLEDGE] Give CyanogenMod / TeamHacksung a Galaxy S3!

Tip us?

peterperfect
Old
(Last edited by peterperfect; 15th June 2012 at 08:32 PM.) Reason: Goal reached
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 424
Post [PLEDGE] Give CyanogenMod / TeamHacksung a Galaxy S3!

Hello everyone. The time has come. Today Samsung announced their new flagship device GT i9300 A.K.A. Galaxy S3. Now, if you are a big fan of pure AOSP and his aftermarket distributions like I am you certainly already know that ICS based CyanogenMod 9 is out there and running and its pure fresh blazing awesomeness. That said, I decided to start this pledge to gather money to give Teamhacksung members codeworkx and xplodwild the next Samsung Galaxy S3 so they can develop for it and port CM9. As you probably know, Teamhacksung is the official CM mantainer for Samsung devices.

Im daily in touch with Teamhacksung members and they are already aware and fully support this pledge.

We running for two devices here. The ammount already includes Pledgie taxes. The donnations are going straight to xplodwild’s paypal account.

We count on you that, like me, is certainly going to buy this new beast called Galaxy S3 and want to see it sporting CM9 and future Google AOSP releases.

CM9 on Galaxy S3 for the WIN!!!!

http://pledgie.com/campaigns/17290

****[UPDATE]****

People,

Im very proud to come here and say that

WE REACHED OUR GOAL!!!

I want to thank all of you very much for the collaboration. We did it and we did it fast. We are TEH community and we always prove right that we have such amazing power together. Thank you very very much again.

Now devs have what is needed to start the wild porting workx. Stay tuned! I will reach you with more news when I have them.
# Google Nexus 4 CM10.1 JB 4.2.2
# Asus Pad TF300T CM10.1 JB 4.2.2
# Rikomagic MK802 Ubuntu

Member of TeamBBQ
Check out http://changelog.bbqdroid.org
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to peterperfect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidindian
Old
(Last edited by androidindian; 3rd May 2012 at 08:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 803
going to donate! this is definitely needed!
As soon as xplodwild at teamhacksung received the galaxy note, we received the cm9 official build instantly.

and we raised funds in just 24 hours where we could get them the galaxy note, love the community spirit. lets do it!

s3 needs to pimp the cm9 for sure!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to androidindian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidindian View Post
going to donate! this is definitely needed!
As soon as xplodwild at teamhacksung received the galaxy note, we received the cm9 official build instantly.

and we raised funds in just 24 hours where we could get them the galaxy note, love the community spirit. lets do it!

s3 needs to pimp the cm9 for sure!
I'm not entirely sure I will want to put a vanilla or CM on this phone right away... the stock Touchwiz ROM seems to have a lot of nice features.. Unless these can be incorporated into a ROM that is based on CM9 or what-have-you I think I will try running a stock Touchwiz ROM with root access.. I have never used Touchwiz but even if I had I couldn't definitively say I won't like this because it's new to everyone.
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!

XpLoDWilD
Old
(Last edited by XpLoDWilD; 3rd May 2012 at 09:40 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 14024

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNsPiRiSiZe View Post
I'm not entirely sure I will want to put a vanilla or CM on this phone right away... the stock Touchwiz ROM seems to have a lot of nice features.. Unless these can be incorporated into a ROM that is based on CM9 or what-have-you I think I will try running a stock Touchwiz ROM with root access.. I have never used Touchwiz but even if I had I couldn't definitively say I won't like this because it's new to everyone.
You'll be amazed by ideas we folks got during the announcement. ;)
Believe me, CM9 will be better than TouchWiz once it's done. More details to come in the next days.

(That's the hell of a teaser)
_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
______
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE

• Samsung Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 • Asus TF300T, TF700T • Sony Xperia T (mint) • LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5 • Oppo Find 5, N1 •
and other devices you've never heard of.
______
Press "Thanks" if I helped !
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLoDWilD View Post
Believe me, CM9 will be better than TouchWiz once it's done. More details to come in the next days.
Awesome.

---

To each their own.
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!

XpLoDWilD
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 14024

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for being so sarcastic. I guess things went a bit too fast.

Actually, while the Galaxy S3 will have many great features, they're all software-based. And after looking deeply, there's nothing that prevents us from adding these nice features to an AOSP ROM, for instance CyanogenMod 9.

Hence why, Galaxy S3, once running CyanogenMod 9, will profit from a community effort started recently to bring manufacturers' features to all CM9-enabled devices. This can include actions triggered by motion, and other features so-called "natural".
You can find out more details at http://opendesign.blamesamsung.org/. Details on specific features, as well as the ability for everyone to request this kind of features, will be available on May 10th.

I can only thank once more people that will help Team Hacksung and CyanogenMod getting a Galaxy S III, to help all CyanogenMod 9 devices.
_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
______
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE

• Samsung Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 • Asus TF300T, TF700T • Sony Xperia T (mint) • LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5 • Oppo Find 5, N1 •
and other devices you've never heard of.
______
Press "Thanks" if I helped !
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chadouming
Old
Thanks Meter 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLoDWilD View Post

(That's the hell of a teaser)
So true, this was an inspired moment We will give you more details soon. I'm pretty sure you will all like it. But we will need more peeps to help. This won't be done by xplodwild alone. this is a community work. Once done, this will revolution the world of mobile and of every CM9 maintained phone. xplodwild linked the website, it's still under developement, but you learn soon what it is .

And to answer CoNsPiRiSiZe, touchwiz always deceived us. I don't see why it would change now. A proverb says : "You don't have to taste **** to know it taste like ****".
New? Read this post
Member of BBQTeam.
Offering you : BBQTools, OpenDesign and soon BBQDroid

<codeworkx> didn't look at it because i'm lazy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chadouming For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1544
Even if you don't give them one, I'm sure that they will get one themselves as the product will be very popular

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

meranto
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Didn't one of the team members say he would promptly return the SGS3 if he was given one by Samsung as happened with the SGS2?

chadouming
Old
Thanks Meter 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Even if you don't give them one, I'm sure that they will get one themselves as the product will be very popular

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Developper are getting tired to work with samsung ****ty community support. Codeworkx already said that he won't buy the device himself.
New? Read this post
Member of BBQTeam.
Offering you : BBQTools, OpenDesign and soon BBQDroid

<codeworkx> didn't look at it because i'm lazy.

Tags
cm9, galaxys3, nextgalaxy, pledge, teamhacksung