CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Post your Battery Stats

21st March 2015, 12:52 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
And I've got turn on batery saver in settings

TapaTalk'ed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426938665370.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	3221568  

15th April 2015, 07:46 AM |#322  
Thanks Meter: 285

1,822 posts
Maybe a bit OT but I wanted to mess up with the old s3 so I:
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429080185459.png
Views:	134
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	3263298
Charges in 50 minutes or less (stock 2100mah,it went 25% to 80% in 30 minutes) also I put it on a external cooling device to keep the temp down [emoji12]
Who needs fast charging lol
Also I get 6hours sot so yeah its fine
(BTW its not safe to do this ,higher charging rate may be very dangerous)
Last edited by i9100g user; 15th April 2015 at 07:56 AM.
17th April 2015, 12:18 PM |#323  
Thanks Meter: 2

79 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9100g user

Maybe a bit OT but I wanted to mess up with the old s3 so I:
Attachment 3263298
Charges in 50 minutes or less (stock 2100mah,it went 25% to 80% in 30 minutes) also I put it on a external cooling device to keep the temp down [emoji12]
Who needs fast charging lol
Also I get 6hours sot so yeah its fine
(BTW its not safe to do this ,higher charging rate may be very dangerous)

How are you getting the battery charge so quick? Are you using some sort of quick charge?

My sister is running her phone on its original battery. Anyone know a way to find out how old the battery is? Has to be older than 2 years. The battery life is horrible. According to GSAM, it's like 2:30 minutes of just on time. Phone only uses Wifi and not 3g.

Mobile is unroot and stock ROM, stock kernal. Not only the battery life is low, the mobile also runs pretty slow for some reason. Like their is lag when you open and close some application. I have other low end phones but S3 shoudn't be doing it. It's suppose to be fast.

Anyone versatile Samsung S3 got advice what I can do to improve this machine's performance?
17th April 2015, 04:47 PM |#324  
Flag Kirkuk
Thanks Meter: 42

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y300owner

How are you getting the battery charge so quick? Are you using some sort of quick charge?

My sister is running her phone on its original battery. Anyone know a way to find out how old the battery is? Has to be older than 2 years. The battery life is horrible. According to GSAM, it's like 2:30 minutes of just on time. Phone only uses Wifi and not 3g.

Mobile is unroot and stock ROM, stock kernal. Not only the battery life is low, the mobile also runs pretty slow for some reason. Like their is lag when you open and close some application. I have other low end phones but S3 shoudn't be doing it. It's suppose to be fast.

Anyone versatile Samsung S3 got advice what I can do to improve this machine's performance?

There's not much you can do in order to achieve anything like that on an unrooted phone that's running on stock firmware and kernel.

In order to increase the charging rate you need to be rooted an running a custom kernel, there should be an option in the kernel's settings
to increase the charge rate and also disable the safety margins for charging. Which increase the charge rates a lot. Among other tweaks you can do with a rooted phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeeX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:35 AM |#325  

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeX

There's not much you can do in order to achieve anything like that on an unrooted phone that's running on stock firmware and kernel.

In order to increase the charging rate you need to be rooted an running a custom kernel, there should be an option in the kernel's settings
to increase the charge rate and also disable the safety margins for charging. Which increase the charge rates a lot. Among other tweaks you can do with a rooted phone.

I see. So if I root the phone and install a recovery such as TWRP, can I install a custom kernel into stock rom? After going through the forum I found out the stock Samsung ROM are best for battery camera. She doesn't play any games and isn't concern about performance.

But the boost in battery would be awesome. Can the custom kernal with fast charge completely destroy the battery? More importantly, do I need to buy a new charger?

Sent from my K00U
Yesterday, 06:27 AM |#326  
Flag Kirkuk

124 posts
More
Quote:

I see. So if I root the phone and install a recovery such as TWRP, can I install a custom kernel into stock rom? After going through the forum I found out the stock Samsung ROM are best for battery camera. She doesn't play any games and isn't concern about performance.

But the boost in battery would be awesome. Can the custom kernal with fast charge completely destroy the battery? More importantly, do I need to buy a new charger?

Sent from my K00U

It won't destroy the battery, it'll gradually destroy the charger though. You can read more about it on Boeffla Kernel's website.
Yesterday, 06:50 AM |#327  
Thanks Meter: 285

1,822 posts
It can also destroy your battery if you set the rate too high (due to overheating as the battery is not rated for that voltage, on my s3 battery temperature reached 55c at 2100ma so I had to put it on a cooler to get the temperature down to ~30)
Battery temp shouldn't go above 50C even then it should be for small amount of time ,45C is the limit for a long period of time.
So if you want do so do at your own risk.
You can download 'Ampere' from play store to measure the current supplied while charging and it also shows battery temperature and as mentioned above you would need a kernel with charging control support.
FYI I am on arter kernel.
Also the charger should support that much current otherwise it won't charge at a faster rate.
For s3 value of charging current below 1475ma is considered safe,even then you should monitor the battery temperature.
Last edited by i9100g user; Yesterday at 06:56 AM.
Yesterday, 12:12 PM |#328  

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9100g user

It can also destroy your battery if you set the rate too high (due to overheating as the battery is not rated for that voltage, on my s3 battery temperature reached 55c at 2100ma so I had to put it on a cooler to get the temperature down to ~30)
Battery temp shouldn't go above 50C even then it should be for small amount of time ,45C is the limit for a long period of time.
So if you want do so do at your own risk.
You can download 'Ampere' from play store to measure the current supplied while charging and it also shows battery temperature and as mentioned above you would need a kernel with charging control support.
FYI I am on arter kernel.
Also the charger should support that much current otherwise it won't charge at a faster rate.
For s3 value of charging current below 1475ma is considered safe,even then you should monitor the battery temperature.

Will install arter kernel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeX

It won't destroy the battery, it'll gradually destroy the charger though. You can read more about it on Boeffla Kernel's website.

Alright. Thank for letting me know. Can you kindly tell me which customs roms are you guys using?
Yesterday, 06:55 PM |#329  
Flag Kirkuk

124 posts
More
Quote:

Alright. Thank for letting me know. Can you kindly tell me which customs roms are you guys using?

Each user has different preferences and ROM choices. According to how you use your phone.
Besides asking for "The best ROM" is against the forum rules. So just try and see what works for you best.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread