Exclamation

Do NOT post threads asking which the best ROM or kernel is

13th October 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4,445

15,298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiLux

Is that question for real? Is this what one gets for trying to improve the quality of the community? ... I'm sorry then and I'll leave, if nobody really cares.

Don't leave. I'm nobody.
13th October 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #12  
Flag Oran, Algeria
Thanks Meter: 613

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
i like Best rom Posts,it make my stomach vibrate and make me try many Roms to be convinced.
13th October 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #13  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 269

1,349 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhariamine

i like Best rom Posts,it make my stomach vibrate and make me try many Roms to be convinced.

Your stomach vibrating is a sign of gas held in for too long, or hunger.

If you want to change roms, the best thing to do is read the different rom threads and try the ones that interest you. Don't start a whole new thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kofiaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #14  
Flag Oran, Algeria
Thanks Meter: 613

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofiaa

Your stomach vibrating is a sign of gas held in for too long, or hunger.

If you want to change roms, the best thing to do is read the different rom threads and try the ones that interest you. Don't start a whole new thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

hahahaha,nice!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nhariamine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2012, 01:07 AM   |  #15  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4,739

5,531 posts
Donate to Me
More
I guess we can try that. having a dedicated thread for it. We will see how that goes. If we are making one for ROMS we should also make one for Kernels because there are a lot of "what is the best kernel" threads as well.. If it lessens the amount of threads we get on the matter significantly then good.

If one of you guys wants to create the OP (Looks at JJEgan) that would be great and then I'll sticky them. If not I can create them but I wont have the time until tomorrow night
Last edited by graffixnyc; 14th October 2012 at 01:09 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #16  
Flag Out there somewhere
Thanks Meter: 4,756

11,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
I like the idea of a sticky, however I have always had a reservation about these things as they encourage "fanboyism" for want of a better phrase, this could in turn lead to the same old exchange of idiotic tit for tat.

Furthermore, and more importantly, the whole thing could be deemed as incredibly disheartening for up and coming, but less experienced, developers.

So yes, I agree that Andrielux has a good point about objective analysis of what a Rom provides, but I remain sceptical as to whether it would work out there, in the cesspool that was, at one time, an invigorating and intellectually stimulating environment.

XDA really has become a victim of its own success in that respect sadly.

I'm just grateful to ALL developers for their great work and to XDA for sharing it with us......and to all the staff who battle on trying to keep this place orderly and decent.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaphead20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #17  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 518

999 posts
More
Quote:

Is that question for real? Is this what one gets for trying to improve the quality of the community? ... I'm sorry then and I'll leave, if nobody really cares.

You're absolutely correct. This forum stands to educate the masses. The more people are educated, more good will come about. Having said that, everyone is on different levels of knowledge. We have to be able to educate the new users in an efficient and effective way. Having a thread that debates the merits and faults of different ROMs is an excellent way to educate people, Heck, I don't have time to test 100 different ROMs and I don't want to read thousands of pages of threads to find the BEST ROM.

Who Cares? I do. You know what's ironic? Check out FORUM RULE #10.

10. Help others if you can.
If you see posts from others where you can help out, please do. This place exists because people are helping each other, and even if you are relatively new to the matter, there's probably already quite a few people newer than you that would benefit from what you've learned. DON'T BE SHY.
Last edited by jinosong; 14th October 2012 at 04:42 AM.
14th October 2012, 04:46 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 467

918 posts
Quote:

ROM A has these and these features, those features bring advantage X and Y.
Kernel 1 has feature Z and therefore is more battery efficient than kernels who don't have Z.

So. Is ROM A the best one out there?

Sorry. I couldn't resist. You make very valid points.

Sent from the Mars Rover.
14th October 2012, 05:59 AM   |  #19  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 518

999 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyEpic

So. Is ROM A the best one out there?

I like B better because of the battery life.

Honestly though, Omega v27 is the beast of all ROMs and the stats prove it.
Personally, I always use stock but over 4 million thread visits impressive.
Last edited by jinosong; 14th October 2012 at 06:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jinosong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2012, 07:25 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 1,794

3,097 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphead20

I like the idea of a sticky, however I have always had a reservation about these things as they encourage "fanboyism" for want of a better phrase, this could in turn lead to the same old exchange of idiotic tit for tat.

Furthermore, and more importantly, the whole thing could be deemed as incredibly disheartening for up and coming, but less experienced, developers.

So yes, I agree that Andrielux has a good point about objective analysis of what a Rom provides, but I remain sceptical as to whether it would work out there, in the cesspool that was, at one time, an invigorating and intellectually stimulating environment.

XDA really has become a victim of its own success in that respect sadly.

I'm just grateful to ALL developers for their great work and to XDA for sharing it with us......and to all the staff who battle on trying to keep this place orderly and decent.

Admins and mods, I'm going to have to completely agree with Slappy here. You're going to encourage fanboy-ism and this will lead to a lot of hate and division in the community.

Do you know what's going on right now? We have threads for specific ROMs where no one bashes each other. People stay with their fellow custom ROM users. If you merge all these warring nations into one thread, I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with a lot more than closing a couple of threads each week. People are going to swear non-stop and abuse specific custom ROM developers (which will be harmful for the developers and the substantial amount of hard work they're putting into their work day and night).

I've created the General Thread for that very reason- if people have issues/questions/problems, then they can come and discuss it with all of the helpful lads in the General Thread instead of making an inordinate amount of extra threads that clutter this great community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadSOL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread