Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do NOT post threads asking which the best ROM or kernel is

Tip us?

ceo.mtcl
Old
(Last edited by ceo.mtcl; 14th October 2012 at 08:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinosong View Post
Honestly though, Omega v27 is the beast of all ROMs and the stats prove it.
Personally, I always use stock but over 4 million thread visits impressive.
^^This^^ is exactly why this thread was created by graffixnyc. The best statistics that this guy can provide is four million hits. In that sense you would assume that andreilux's kernel is the worst one?

☞ sent from GS3 or Nexus
Current Phones:
๑۩۞۩๑ LG G2 AT&T ๑۩۞۩๑

Benefits of International Samsung Galaxy S3 for US (AT&T) users

slaphead20
Old
Thanks Meter 4755

DONATE TO ME
^^^^^^ I can only sit back and laugh at the audacity of someone posting such an invalid reason as to why a Rom is best.....in a thread created by a mod in order to stamp out best Rom threads! I do agree that this is a perfect reason to not have best Rom threads.

I do however still agree with AndreiLuxs utopian idea, simply because, like him,I am ever hopeful that these things can succeed.

If the OP of the thread where to contain instructions on what was acceptable to post, with a stern warning about what was acceptable, and the penalty for not complying.....then I would personally be quite happy to keep a regular eye on proceedings and report back if things go amiss.

However, this may, possibly inevitably, lead to an increase in workload for the mods that they may not need or want!
All donations to me will go to THE PICKERING CENTRE...my local cancer drop in centre, a registered charity no.1112623
http://www.pickeringcancercentre.org.uk/index.html

DeadSOL
Old
Thanks Meter 1792
*cough* Slappy for moderator *cough*
Android devices owned: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, 8GB, Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, 16GB (Pebble Blue), Nexus 7 (2013), 32GB, Nexus 5, 32 GB
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeadSOL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slaphead20
Old
Thanks Meter 4755

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSOL View Post
*cough* Slappy for moderator *cough*
ha ha, someone recently recommended me for RC status, not something I even realised I could apply for, but was most welcome, as a compliment if nothing else!

Honest,I didn't do it!
All donations to me will go to THE PICKERING CENTRE...my local cancer drop in centre, a registered charity no.1112623

DeadSOL
Old
Thanks Meter 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphead20 View Post
ha ha, someone recently recommended me for RC status, not something I even realised I could apply for, but was most welcome, as a compliment if nothing else!

Honest,I didn't do it!
Well, mate, you honestly deserve it! Look at the number of likes you have! That's more than what some developers have!!!

Not that "thanks" are the sole reason of judgement. Everybody likes you and you never lose your calm. You'd be perfect for moderation!
Android devices owned: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, 8GB, Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, 16GB (Pebble Blue), Nexus 7 (2013), 32GB, Nexus 5, 32 GB
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadSOL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphead20 View Post

Honest,I didn't do it!

RC better CE

jje

slaphead20
Old
Thanks Meter 4755

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
RC better CE

jje
come on jj, explain what CE means?

And if anyone else has a go at you for helping I'm gonna chew their freakin heads off! :thumbup::thumbup:

Theshawty
Old
Thanks Meter 4369
Lol, imagine me as a RC. *shrug*

Now let's think of something better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Theshawty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nanavati1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ditto

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

JohnnyEpic
Old
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSOL View Post
Well, mate, you honestly deserve it! Look at the number of likes you have! That's more than what some developers have!!!

Not that "thanks" are the sole reason of judgement. Everybody likes you and you never lose your calm. You'd be perfect for moderation!
So. He's a better RC cause of the likes he has? (yes, I just did)

So, then Rom B is not better from the views?

I'm simply stating the obvious hilarity in this entire discussion. You guys have made a silly thread in to the most intelligent, intellectual, mature discussion I've ever seen about a thread creating issue. Love it, honestly.

Really. I bet you. If they didn't bother to search, read, or edumacate themselves to begin with, what makes you think they will find that thread?

To be honest, it doesn't matter what Rom A does over Rom B for the most part. Its the thread and the people who are in it that can sometimes ultimately make a ROM what it is. (TPR is an example) Perhaps a thread with screen shots, and features list w/ links might help, because one thing is for certain, YMMV in these situations.

Sent from the Mars Rover.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

One more thing. Reading some of slap's post on here and in this thread, definitely qualified for RC imho.

Sent from the Mars Rover.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyEpic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe