Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do NOT post threads asking which the best ROM or kernel is

Tip us?

slaphead20
Old
Thanks Meter 4,755

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl666 View Post
Let's get something straight. I, unlike 99% of the people on here, am not posting this for my own benefit, but to actually help others.

Again, I have no problem deciphering acrynoms, finding out what ROM works best for me etc.

But I understand that others might have big problems with these things. When I want to see a good movie, I don't watch them all and then decide which one is the best. I go to a site and see how other people rated them and how many watched them, then I pick the one based on that. When I first got into Linux, I didn't try all the distros before deciding which one is the best, I went to distrowatch and saw what the 5 most popular ones are, and picked one out of those. The same applies for so many other things in life.

Sure, it's true that the most viewed ROM/Movie/whatever might not be the best for you, but why is it bad telling people what ROM has the most views?
nothing wrong at all......just that this isn't the place to do it.....especially in a thread created by moderators telling you not to do it!

Also, you can go to the dev thread and see how many views/ dl's a Rom has.

Spoon feeding isn't part of the agenda unfortunately
All donations to me will go to THE PICKERING CENTRE...my local cancer drop in centre, a registered charity no.1112623
http://www.pickeringcancercentre.org.uk/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to slaphead20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dyl666
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphead20 View Post
Spoon feeding isn't part of the agenda unfortunately
I remember when my mom used to spoon feed me. Good days. Now I have to cut my own meat ffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to dyl666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slaphead20
Old
Thanks Meter 4,755

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I remember when my mom used to spoon feed me. Good days. Now I have to cut my own meat ffs.
it's good being a grown up :thumbup::thumbup:
All donations to me will go to THE PICKERING CENTRE...my local cancer drop in centre, a registered charity no.1112623
http://www.pickeringcancercentre.org.uk/index.html

zoot1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,451

DONATE TO ME
[RANT]

Quote:
Let's get something straight. I, unlike 99% of the people on here, am not posting this for my own benefit, but to actually help others.
Lets get something striaghter..who are these 99% of the people you are referring to posting for their own benefits...Last I looked everything post here was free and no one begged anyone to use it...

Don't try to flame unnecessarily..

Quote:
Again, I have no problem deciphering acrynoms, finding out what ROM works best for me etc.

But I understand that others might have big problems with these things. When I want to see a good movie, I don't watch them all and then decide which one is the best. I go to a site and see how other people rated them and how many watched them, then I pick the one based on that. When I first got into Linux, I didn't try all the distros before deciding which one is the best, I went to distrowatch and saw what the 5 most popular ones are, and picked one out of those. The same applies for so many other things in life.
Unlike the examples you have given above..XDA-DEVELOPERS.com is neither a movie nor a Linux Distro released to the general public for consumption..the ROMs posted here are not for public consumption..they are meant for people who know and understand the basic functioning of the Software.....

That is why you don't have a "ROM Watch" to tell you which ROM is the best..
Quote:
Sure, it's true that the most viewed ROM/Movie/whatever might not be the best for you, but why is it bad telling people what ROM has the most views?
Regarding telling people which ROM has most views> If the person looking for the ROM is not blind and/or retarded..will surely be able to look at that stat..it is out there for everyone to see..

nd for the nth time..this site is meant of Development...please have a relook at your priorities if you are not here for the same...

[/RANT]

Blog: ||mygalaxyway.blogspot.com|| One stop location for GS3 guides

Wisheezy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
So what is the best rom?

lol im joking, don't ban me :
The Following User Says Thank You to Wisheezy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mputtr
Old
Thanks Meter 500
I'm not asking anyone to rank the roms, but use your own brain to figure it out. As many many many people here have said, ROM use is dependant on preference.
Stop the fighting and seriously just test it out yourself.
Like it has also been said, this isn't a place for you to just come in and demand things. The purpose of this whole site is to learn, not to be spoonfed.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Rom: Omega v58
Kernel: Boeffla v5.2
(Current)

--------------------------------------------------
HTC Desire Z NAM (A7275)
Rom: Virtuous 2.0
(Handed down to GF)
HTC Touch Pro
Rom: NRG
(Retired)

For those that like to post before you search:
Stop being a noob. Watch and learn.

XDA's Purpose

jayharper08
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,972
I think it's best to go ahead and just leave this stickied and closed. For now, it will remain how it is. That is NO best rom/kernel threads. They will all get closed for, as they always turn out just like this one is now. You see?

Have a good one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayharper08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe