XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ/INFO]Galaxy S3 Japan (SC-06D) root

Tip us?

wtfusernameistaken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [REQ/INFO]Galaxy S3 Japan (SC-06D) root

Picked up my Japanese S3 today and looking to root it. I'm reading that using the I9300 is no go since it is a completely different model number. Specs for anyone interested:

Baseband:
SC06DOMLF5

Kernel:
3.0.8-681271-user-se.infra@SEP-120

Build:
IMM76D.SC06DOMALF5

If I can provide anything else let me know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wtfusernameistaken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cezeff
Old
Thanks Meter 132
i would like to know the same...wtfusernameistaken is your nfc working...or is the app ic tag reader/writer the same thing?...or is it something i have to turn on through docomo?
HTC Touch HD to HTC Hero to Samsung Vibrant to HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S2 Wimax to Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE....
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SC-06D) w/ 4.2.2 Vanilla Rootbox v3.9.1 + Samsung Galaxy S4 (SC-04E) w/ CM11 4.4.2

Im thinking of stop posting because the "Thanks" button seems to be broken....

noeldc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezeff View Post
i would like to know the same...wtfusernameistaken is your nfc working...or is the app ic tag reader/writer the same thing?...or is it something i have to turn on through docomo?
The Japanese version doesn't have NFC, only Japan's long-established equivalent.

Anyway, I love the phone, but I can't wait until some of the geniuses on here come up with an easy way to root it.

wtfusernameistaken
Old
(Last edited by wtfusernameistaken; 29th June 2012 at 02:17 AM.) Reason: additional info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezeff View Post
Negative. Just tried to scan my edy but no joy. My nexus S grabs it fine however. Cannot wait to dump this stupid docomo rom and get a vanilla one on. That or just go back to my Nexus S.

またSC-06DはNFCを搭載していないので、「Android Beam」を拡張したデータ転送機能「S Beam」も利用できない. Yep, no NFC.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfusernameistaken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wtfusernameistaken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
SamMobile has a rom out for SC-06D. As soon as the DL finishes gonna give it a go since I tried the I9300 and it just black screens.

cezeff
Old
Thanks Meter 132
i seen that but i was pretty sure that was just the stock rom...which is really helpful if a bad rom is loaded and need to go back to stock...ive downloaded it too and keeping it to the side for emergencies....
HTC Touch HD to HTC Hero to Samsung Vibrant to HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S2 Wimax to Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE....
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SC-06D) w/ 4.2.2 Vanilla Rootbox v3.9.1 + Samsung Galaxy S4 (SC-04E) w/ CM11 4.4.2

Im thinking of stop posting because the "Thanks" button seems to be broken....

Habbit
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The ability to root and throw CyanogenMod 9 on docomo's Galaxy S3 are the two most important factors in whether or not I will buy it in the next couple of months. Can you please keep us updated on your progress, wtfusernameistaken?

carenobb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all
Just registered to join in on this thread.

This is my first smartphone and was all excited for the s3,
only to be unpleasantly surprised by the docomo palette ui...

I knowledge my noob status, so please be gentle with me.

wtfusernameistaken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbit View Post
The ability to root and throw CyanogenMod 9 on docomo's Galaxy S3 are the two most important factors in whether or not I will buy it in the next couple of months. Can you please keep us updated on your progress, wtfusernameistaken?
My honest opinion is that the phone sucks. No NFC, annoying uninstallable apps, battery gets quite warm, camera is meh, Kies is basically iTunes with a different layout. I went back to my nexus S and passed the S3 off to the wife. Tried to get a galaxy nexus but it would seem that it did so bad in Japan that they liquidated their entire stock 3 months ago. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next dev phone.

The rom on sammobile is in fact the stock rom, but good to have in case.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfusernameistaken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Habbit
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Your first sentence had me dying. Lol I guess that sums it up, though. I guess I'll start preparing to buy a One X, though I think I'm going to attempt to get the AT&T version and have it unlocked, as it seems that model is more liked than the international version. I don't even play Words with Friends, so Tegra 3, Schmegra 3 for all I care.