Just tried this rooting method, managed to get root on sc-06d
You need to install busybox seperately, but it works!
I'm willing to risk it if you wouldn't mind chopping what I think I understand the procedure to be.
1. boot to download mode, connect via usb to pc
2. launch Odin, flash CWM Recovery (per normal procedure)
3. flash the Boot_rw_su.tar.md5
4. if success (PASS) this will now auto-boot to CWM recovery?
5. if in CWM, flash the setuid_wrapper_signed.zip
6. else, attempt to manually boot to CWM recovery, do #5
7. Normal boot should now have SU app? Now root behavior as expected.