[ROM][GT-I9300][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thread

Search This thread

Darkbladecr

Dec 22, 2012
London
Re: [ROM][GT-I9300][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thre

I had one receiver complaining also yesterday. And we had both almost 100% signal strength. I have to investigate further. Any solutions from your side yet?

Nothing new, it seems to be quite sporadic. I can't seem to pin point a condition that sets it off.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

AaronMichael

Dec 22, 2012
Jakarta
Re: [ROM][GT-I9300][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thre

hey guys is this 10.1 official nightly stable already?
I am expecting that the work here is already top notch since Android 4.2.2 just came out today!!

Stable, it really depends. A lot of people are having issues for camera and what not. I luckily don't experience any issues with the ROM. So when you say stable, its to an extend.

However, I can say this is probably stable enough (putting aside issued that most if not all people experience) to use as a daily driver.

Stable or not is for you to say, but CM10.1 has come a long way without Samsung's help and it is daily driver material.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: DonPhelippe

Bambushacker

Oct 26, 2012
Battery life

nice... NO drain in 8 hours! (02_11)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-12-11-47-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-11-47-48.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 597
  • Screenshot_2013-02-12-11-48-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-11-48-35.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 574
  • Screenshot_2013-02-12-11-48-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-11-48-21.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 564

DonPhelippe

Nov 8, 2011
Athens
hey guys is this 10.1 official nightly stable already?
I am expecting that the work here is already top notch since Android 4.2.2 just came out today!!
Well, depends on your definition of "daily driver". I ve been using it as a daily driver 10 hours after I purchased my S3 (31 Jan). The ROM is getting better and better, battery still is kinda meh, photosphere is not working and camera touch to focus when flash is needed also crashes the camera. There is no FM radio included. The phone still registers as a digital camera (gah!) and not as a USB device. Some settings are kinda hit-or-miss. Other than that it's fast as hell and it really delivers. I believe that it will become a really good ROM given time.

jruesga

Apr 27, 2012
If you're using cm file manager, ext SD may not be apparent at first. If you go in the file manager settings and change privilege to root access, you should be able to tap "parent folder" at the top, then "storage". I checked just now Then you should see "SD card 1". I use ES file explorer usually but it's similar with that too.
Could that be it?

You can access extSDCard without gain root privileges. Just use bookmarks. It has links to internal, external and usb volumes.

selimozbas

Aug 4, 2011
Hi,

I use last nightly version but I have a (maybe) minor problem. Often brightness very very low. I don't understand why? checked auto brightness
If receive any sms or incoming calls brightness is normal again and after few mins. the brightness is very very low again.
uncheck the auto brightness and down and up the brightness scroll but same brightness :(

bariz143

Dec 11, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Sv: [ROM][GT-I9300][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thre

Hi,

I use last nightly version but I have a (maybe) minor problem. Often brightness very very low. I don't understand why? checked auto brightness
If receive any sms or incoming calls brightness is normal again and after few mins. the brightness is very very low again.
uncheck the auto brightness and down and up the brightness scroll but same brightness :(

I had the same problem. Just flash latest nightly again and I think it should work after that

Bambushacker

Oct 26, 2012
Battery life

....but... how.... errr....hurrr....durrr... impossible! Can you please post settings and what apps / widgets / etc you have running?

:D

i use a 2400 mA battery (mumbi Power)
Juicedefender turns wlan an mobile data off, when the display is off.
I dont use facebook app (only browser, it´s much faster...i love CM browser!!!), whats app sync is off.
And all sync from accounts is turned off. Aaaand GPS is off^^

Widgets i use: chronus, appolo, callender and aix weather.

But when phone is in standby, only mobile signal is on, there is no app who make´s traffic or sync´s.

Deepsleep!! :D

DonPhelippe

Nov 8, 2011
Athens
:D

i use a 2400 mA battery (mumbi Power)
Juicedefender turns wlan an mobile data off, when the display is off.
I dont use facebook app (only browser, it´s much faster...i love CM browser!!!), whats app sync is off.
And all sync from accounts is turned off. Aaaand GPS is off^^

Widgets i use: chronus, appolo, callender and aix weather.

But when phone is in standby, only mobile signal is on, there is no app who make´s traffic or sync´s.

Deepsleep!! :D
Hm. I use 2xBattery Saver since I do have FB and 3 email accounts syncing, cLock both on lockscreen and main home screen. I don't have GPS/WiFi but data *is* on. Atm, on 11/2 I have 75% @ 5h 50mins on battery, with Android OS yielding 41% of consumption. I wonder when Screen will be the first thing to kill the battery and not the OS.

Bambushacker

Oct 26, 2012
Hm. I use 2xBattery Saver since I do have FB and 3 email accounts syncing, cLock both on lockscreen and main home screen. I don't have GPS/WiFi but data *is* on. Atm, on 11/2 I have 75% @ 5h 50mins on battery, with Android OS yielding 41% of consumption. I wonder when Screen will be the first thing to kill the battery and not the OS.

Yes i know, android OS is trange, but i think all the energy needed to sync, is monitored on the android os task.

phiral

Sep 17, 2012
No sound in call after flashing

I have frequently experiencing an issue after flashing new nightlies, that i have no in call sound. People can hear me but i cant hear anything.
I have to go through several reboots to get it working properly.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Anyone knows how to fix?

cink40

Nov 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus

I have frequently experiencing an issue after flashing new nightlies, that i have no in call sound. People can hear me but i cant hear anything.

Tick Screen lock soud in settings/sound

Tapatalked

Reactions: phiral

nareshvuppu

Nov 8, 2012
new

guys,if i install cyanogen mod in my s3,will i lose features like multi window,smart stay etc..i am new to installation of rom's..please reply

DonPhelippe

Nov 8, 2011
Athens
Yes i know, android OS is trange, but i think all the energy needed to sync, is monitored on the android os task.
Dunno man, I think that the 4.2.x versions drain more energy than the 4.1.x ones. Same behaviour on my HTC Sensation too. Either that or the modem effs up magnificently, dunno tho, I would like very much to compare battery life with the same use on the stock ROMs - if only TouchWiz didn't fire up my gag reflex making me throw up in my mouth while my lower colon bursts out of my chest trying to rip my eyes of their respective socket so that I will succesfully throw myself out of the window instead of e.g. unlocking the phone and looking at this horrendous piece of crap.

pickandwhammy

Jul 21, 2011

It's a known Samsung issue, a sound needs to be played before receiving a call for the engine to work. Simplest way to do this is what he said:

Tick Screen lock soud in settings/sound

Reactions: phiral

sebachamaca

Dec 22, 2012
Santiago

Anyone else having problems with zedge? I've been having them since a couple of nightlies back (and a couple of zedge updates in between). I really like this app, can somebody help me?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9300_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S III, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i9300

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

ClockworkMod Recovery:
    Heimdall: http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.7-i9300.img (6.0.2.7, Touch)
    Odin: http://d-h.st/dO5 (6.0.1.9, Touch)

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i9300/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

1noTtl.png
    7orcIl.png
    I05ZMl.jpg
    kFpQ5l.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime:

Thanks to all donators!
    If nothing goes wrong you'll have the first official nightly build by tomorrow.
    Yes +1 i hope @XpLoDWilD can help us here :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

I will.
    plody seems to have fixed bluetooth.
    tomorrows build then. ;)

And now I fixed the Camera crashing too :D
    new build up.
    happy calling.