Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-I9300][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thread

Tip us?

pickandwhammy
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshawty View Post
My next phone will not be an HTC or Samsung. I will go for the Nexus line or maybe Sony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeworkx View Post
+1

After I9000, I9100, I9300, people should have learned the lesson and go for a Nexus device if they wanna have the real android experience.
I honestly wanted the N4 over the S3, but Google still hasn't brought the Play Store to my country, and buying it from retail shops makes it more expensive than the S3.
Is there any hope of Google releasing some awesome Moto phone? Otherwise Xperia Z seems like the best option.

Device: Nexus 5
ROM: Omni (nightlies)
Kernel: ElementalX
Recovery: PhilZ

Rules are just helpful guidelines for stupid people who can't make up their mind.

codeworkx
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 43529

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyDroidWiz View Post
Devs like you are supposed to GIVE us users the stock experience.
Plus, if then, it will be the first high end device without CM, where half the other Roms are based on!
Then it will be the first without CM. Who cares?
Currently inactive CyanogenMod Developer
Twitter: http://twitter.com/codeworkx

Current devices:
Google Nexus 5: Google Android 4.4, Stock Recovery
Google Nexus 4: 3.4.y, CWM6, CM11
HTC One: 3.4.y, CWM6, CM11
Sony Xperia Tablet Z: 3.4.y, CWM6, CM11
Sony Xperia T: 3.4.y, CWM6, CM10.2

BBQLinux - An Arch based Linux distribution for Android developers
Website: http://www.bbqlinux.org | Screenshots | Downloads | IRC: #bbqlinux @ irc.freenode.net
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codeworkx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1N4148
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeworkx View Post
After I9000, I9100, I9300, people should have learned the lesson and go for a Nexus device if they wanna have the real android experience.
Can anyone explain me, whats wrong with the samsung devices? I've upgraded from a S5660 (with CM10.1) to a I9300 (also with CM10.1) and I'm quite satisfied. So, where are the traps?

Theshawty
Old
Thanks Meter 4369
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1N4148 View Post
Can anyone explain me, whats wrong with the samsung devices? I've upgraded from a S5660 (with CM10.1) to a I9300 (also with CM10.1) and I'm quite satisfied. So, where are the traps?
No exynos 4 sources and Samdung treats us like we're crap.

1N4148
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
No exynos 4 sources and Samdung treats us like we're crap.
And what are the problems having no exynos 4 sources? As I said, I cannot see, where the current CM10.1 release is making problems on my S3.

BTW: Treating someone like crap must be an inherent korean attitude

Theshawty
Old
Thanks Meter 4369
Quote:
And what are the problems having no exynos 4 sources? As I said, I cannot see, where the current CM10.1 release is making problems on my S3.
Without sources, most stuff won't work as well as on stock, and some things will never work no matter what (hdmi out, fm radio etc).

1N4148
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Without sources, most stuff won't work as well as on stock, and some things will never work no matter what (hdmi out, fm radio etc).
Ok, sounds reasonable even if I don't bother about the HDMI cause I don't want to take my 60 inch along with my phone

Are there any issues I haven't got until now for everyday use? All of my normal tasks are working: Making calls, browsing internet, sending messages and listening to my music (that's why I wanted a device with a micro SD slot)

Theshawty
Old
Thanks Meter 4369
Quote:
Ok, sounds reasonable even if I don't bother about the HDMI cause I don't want to take my 60 inch along with my phone

Are there any issues I haven't got until now for everyday use? All of my normal tasks are working: Making calls, browsing internet, sending messages and listening to my music (that's why I wanted a device with a micro SD slot)
Try photographing a little. Especially in low-light. Also try auto focusing with flash.

thegh0sts
Old
Thanks Meter 127
all CM10.1 needs is multi window

Previous phones
- HTC HD7 (16gb) - Windows Phone 7
- HTC Desire HD (8gb) - CyanogenMod 10
- HTC One X (black 32gb) - CyanogenMod 10
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (black 16gb) - CyanogenMod 10.2

1N4148
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Try photographing a little. Especially in low-light. Also try auto focusing with flash.
Ok, did it, working. Scene & focus set to auto. No problem, all working fine. Only when set to continously focusing it makes pictures without flash.

Tags
cyanogenmod 10.1 for gt-i9300, discussion here not in developement section