5,603,646 Members 36,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][XXUGNA7][4.3][CWM] Sammy's Stock (Deodexed/Rooted/Zipaligned/Busyboxed/Init)

Tip us?

JustArchi
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaitosca View Post
Changelist (2372379) is the same in NA2, NA8, NB4, NB5. I think it's an error from Samsung and the rooms are not to be the same. NA8 NB4 NB5 are newer than NA7 (at least after the build date, i think)
I saw that all the I9505 (S4) 4.4.2 firmware have the same changelist

Newer NB6 has the same changelist as NA7 , not understand anything
No, it's not the error. You're forgetting about the fact that the operator needs time (usually a month or so) to release it's branded version, and therefore after a month or so we can get a ROM with one-month-old sources.

Changelist is being generated automatically during building the ROM, you can trust whatever you want, if ROM built yesterday from half-year-old sources satisfy you only because it was built yesterday, feel free to use it. I trust the changelist.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mihaitosca
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi View Post
No, it's not the error. You're forgetting about the fact that the operator needs time (usually a month or so) to release it's branded version, and therefore after a month or so we can get a ROM with one-month-old sources.

Changelist is being generated automatically during building the ROM, you can trust whatever you want, if ROM built yesterday from half-year-old sources satisfy you only because it was built yesterday, feel free to use it. I trust the changelist.
Ok. I understand your point of view

JustArchi
Old
Thanks Meter 9174

DONATE TO ME
New version on SamMobile? STOP! Read first!
Notice about Sammy's Releases

Due to the fact that I'm getting excessive amount of PMs and other requests for releasing every available version on SamMobile, I'll now tell you how Samsung releases work.
The ONE and ONLY important thing for measuring whether release is old or new is the changelist.
Higher changelist number = Newer release

Changelist covers the PDA (ROM), the kernel, and probably also the modem, but I'm not sure due to the fact that I can't check it.

Sometimes you can notice that we're seeing newly-compiled ROMs with actually lower changelist than already released one. This is due to the fact that some carriers need time to prepare their releases, and they may start for example month ago, from month-old sources, and finish just now. These releases are absolutely pointless for us, therefore I won't waste any time on creating a release older than already available.

It REALLY doesn't matter if the ROM has been compiled month ago or yesterday, the thing which matters is the source, and the version of the source is directly connected with the changelist number.

Of course you don't need to agree with my opinion and you can stick with the ideology that CM 10.1 compiled yesterday is newer than CM11 from week ago, just please, find other developer or make your own release then, thank you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JustArchi
Old
Thanks Meter 9174

DONATE TO ME
Actually, considering the fact that XXUGNB6 with the same changelist has been released for the same region, I decided to deodex it.

XXUGNB6: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...3/post51107063

As always, please use above thread for everything regarding XXUGNB6 and future releases . I'm posting the link only for reference.

muhammetfdn93
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
thanx

borjaag
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Can anyone provide a download link for NB6 kernel?
I SING!!!, HEAR ME AT

www.youtube.com/borjaagmusic

JustArchi
Old
Thanks Meter 9174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by borjaag View Post
Can anyone provide a download link for NB6 kernel?
Is it that hard to take a look at 2 posts above you?

Tags
justarchi deodexed rooted zipaligned stock