5,604,730 Members 34,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 Update in UK Gets Worse. (as if that was possible) Now the update has been remove

Tip us?

Paganbunion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S3 Update in UK Gets Worse. (as if that was possible) Now the update has been remove

Since last Wednesday I have been one of the people who when I tried the OTA update, got the message saying, update service is not available, maximum number of roll out has been released, try later or upgrade through Kies.
Not that you could upgrade through Kies, as that always came back saying the latest firmware was installed.
As if 5 days of that message was not enough!
This morning Monday 9th December, that message has gone and it's gone back to just saying. Latest updates have already been installed.
It's as if the hope of an upgrade has been dangled in front of me for 5 days and now Taken away.
It certainly hasn't been updated. Unless the new version is keeping the random 5 to 10 second wait for the lock screen to undo, due to popular demand.
My phone is an unlocked S3 that was not supplied by a carrier, so was supposed to be one of the ones updated first.
How bad can you make a problem Samsung. Was the roll out of crap firmware not enough for you.
Nick

hwjrmrm
Old
Thanks Meter 140
f*ck samsung!
PHONE:SAMSUNG GT-I9300
ROM: [ ZCUBML1 ]
MODEM: ZCUBML1
KERNEL: STOCK
THEME: STOCK
RECOVERY: OFFICIAL

Curst
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Unless Samsung pulls off a miracle with future updates I intend to stay with custom ROMs! Currently I am using the 4.3-based SentinelRom which works perfectly. KitKat needs more time to mature on our phones.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Current device: Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) running rooted and debloated stock with latest Boeffla Kernel.

sergiu_s
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curst View Post
KitKat needs more time to mature on our phones.
Sammy treats OS versions like wine. However, doesn't matter his age, mostly of time is just garbage. Fancy garbage.

a.cid
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2511
Please use the relevant discussion threads for such topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2344133

Thread closed.

A.cid
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe