Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung galaxy s3 specs revealed !!!

Tip us?

mgd76
Old
(Last edited by mgd76; 2nd March 2012 at 07:20 AM.) Reason: mho
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalked_r/t View Post
More rumors stating the GS3 will be the first phone to run a true 1080p screen beating out even Apple with their Retina screen. Not that you can really tell a difference on such a small device that at most would be used 3 feet away from your face.

http://pocketnow.com/android/galaxy-...tphone-display
Nope, the 1080 screen will also only be on the sgs3+, just like decent LTE chips... oops, does it sound like I have an axe to grind?

Oct. 2 - i777 available (finally)
Oct. 15 - bought mine
Oct. 29 - skyrocket announced ?!?
Fortunately for me, I now know I would have picked the i777, but I was robbed of that choice! I know there's always going to be an "arms race" between manufacturers, but it's getting ridiculous. They should just invent Mobile Hardware Odin so we could always update!
Sent from my Galaxy S II running CM9

karth500
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Man these screen sizes are getting ridiculous and I have large hands. 4.27 is just slightly more than what I think is ideal, but 4.8 is humongous. The resolution is sweet though. because of it's size, this phone has a tendency to slip out of my hands quite a bit. a phone at that size with a ceramic build... *shudder*

Sent from my SGH-I777

roadrash7
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by karth500 View Post
Man these screen sizes are getting ridiculous and I have large hands. 4.27 is just slightly more than what I think is ideal, but 4.8 is humongous. The resolution is sweet though. because of it's size, this phone has a tendency to slip out of my hands quite a bit. a phone at that size with a ceramic build... *shudder*

Sent from my SGH-I777
Hopefully the phone itself won't be much bigger, just a bigger screen. They could cram it in there

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

slowpc
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
I have been thinking of grabbing a note but with more and more sgs3 info (rumor) coming out... might just keep my yearly upgrade and stick with my sgs2 for a little bit more.
-=- AT&T - Google Nexus 4 - Never Forget. 11/13 -=-

vickytoria
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Default features

And some features:

pop-up play - using this option allows you to watch a video and use an app simultaneously. it uses a technology similar to picture-in-picture.

burst shot - you can take photos of moving objects or targets. using this option, you can photograph continuously up to 20 frames.

Best Photo - With this option you can shoot continuously up to 8 photos. The phone automatically selects the best photo depending on: clarity, brightness, contrast, face detection etc. You can always manually select another phot, of the 8.

Stay Smart - Stay Smart recognizes your eyes and prevents closing your phone as long as you look at it. It is a very useful function when you're reading an e- book or an E-mail.

Face and Voice unlock - a security option that recognizes your face, as well as your voice.

S-Beam - uses WiFi Direct and NFC. You don't have to hold the phones tight to each other to transfer a file, just touching them will suffice. you can transfer any type of file, of any size. if you're sending a video, you can start watching it although it's not completely transfered

S-Voice - Application used for voice commands. Languages known: English, Spanish, Latin Spanish, French, Italian, German and Korean

kiwidog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Interesting nonetheless