Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung S3 xxEMC2 lag/freeze problem, not insane chip f07

Tip us?

pete101
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung S3 xxEMC2 lag/freeze problem, not insane chip f07

i looked on here for tips on how to fix my lag problem

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50499120

I dont have the insane chip, u have fw7, bought samsung s3 on may 2013, manufacture date dec 2012. updated the rom 3 times from what i think originally was EMB1-EMB3-EMB5 and now EMC2 (supposedly an excellent stable rom with excellent battery life)

since monday I have been having a lag/freeze problem where the phone will become unsusable for about 5 secs, then if i start typing again, it''l freeze again.

can anyone shed light as to what has happened?

I tried the dummy file generator method, it didn't crash or freeze once when producing 5-6gb of data. it freezes after a few hours use and the only way to get it to work again is to either update an app or remove an app. very strange.

could it be a corrupted chip?

i've just updated to xxEMG5 (dont know why, i downloaded another yesterday but it failed to install so had to download again).

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Questions go on the q&a forum, report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.

Factory reset and flash the latest 4.3 stock rom (check md5 first), test before you install or restore any apps.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.