FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

SGSIII General and launch discussion thread.

1,236 posts
Thanks Meter: 710
 
By soraxd, Recognized Contributor on 3rd May 2012, 06:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th May 2012, 03:35 AM |#301  
basskidd's Avatar
Senior Member
California
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:

I personally love the design of this phone. The people who hate the design would rather have Samsung get sued by Apple again. This is a very smart move by Samsung and now Apple cannot say they stole our design.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Is it just me, or does that home button look an awful lot like the kin two?


 
 
4th May 2012, 03:35 AM |#302  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 789
 
More
It reminded me of the Nexus S, but without the curve, if they had atleast done that it would look a bit nicer.
4th May 2012, 03:51 AM |#303  
fransarj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manila, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Some people here are too quick to judge saying it sucks. Look at the iphone4. when it was released people were saying it looked like a brick and the design was ugly. Look at it now. Still the best looking phone out in the market.

The s3 probably looks better in person just like the iphone4 and will grow on us as well. I already like it as it is and i can't wait to see it in person.

As for benchmarks, i only trust anandtech.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5810/s...rmance-preview

4th May 2012, 03:58 AM |#304  
BFirebird101's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61I97JKORDE
Watch this video showcasing S Voice...the ending is freaking awesome
4th May 2012, 04:23 AM |#305  
ediesel18's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Man people need to quit crying. its is not that bad looking at all. Ive seen worse from htc. The Wolfson Dac is a big plus for me.
4th May 2012, 04:24 AM |#306  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211
 
More
I'm disappointed in the mere existence of the hardware buttons. Having them as software on the Nexus meant that I could download a ROM to change their order and/or add new ones. There's no way I could go back after having that sort of customization available to me.

(True, it was a bit of a failure that such options were not available by default, but at least it was even possible.)

Other than that, I honestly can't see what's so supposedly bad about the design (particularly from those who seem to focus on the pebble blue version to exclusion.. you realize there's a white option, right?) but maybe I'm just too technically inclined.. I value those little conveniences like removable sd card and battery too much.
4th May 2012, 04:26 AM |#307  
Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
This entire thread is one giant first-world problem
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tehh4ck3r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 04:37 AM |#308  
jamice4u's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Daly City
Thanks Meter: 421
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobp

I'm disappointed in the mere existence of the hardware buttons. Having them as software on the Nexus meant that I could download a ROM to change their order and/or add new ones. There's no way I could go back after having that sort of customization available to me.

(True, it was a bit of a failure that such options were not available by default, but at least it was even possible.)

Other than that, I honestly can't see what's so supposedly bad about the design (particularly from those who seem to focus on the pebble blue version to exclusion.. you realize there's a white option, right?) but maybe I'm just too technically inclined.. I value those little conveniences like removable sd card and battery too much.

I have the galaxy 2 (Epic Touch 4g and I am using the hardware buttons and the software buttons with a custom rom (AOKP 5)
4th May 2012, 05:03 AM |#309  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u

I have the galaxy 2 (Epic Touch 4g and I am using the hardware buttons and the software buttons with a custom rom (AOKP 5)

All of them, huh. I guess that's an interesting way to go.
4th May 2012, 05:10 AM |#310  
Zabalba's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 167
 
More
I never enjoyed the software buttons on my Galaxy Nexus. The thought that valuable screen space was always used for navigation seemed backwards to me.

I also owned the Galaxy Note. Samsung's pentile display is not in anyway detrimental to the quality of the display. Those complaining about the pentile are viewing their phones with x300 magnification glasses.

SLCD uses more battery for the same image. In AMOLED when you see black, that pixel is turned off.


Now as for the design of the outer body of the phone I will concede it leaves more to be desired. The curves are too feminine to match the capacity of the hardware. I would have preferred less bezel around the edges. I still have to hand it to them for packing in all the goods the phone comes with.

The fact that most of the other high end phones are coming with non removable batteries, and lack of MicroSD expansion, shows samsung still knows that kind of hardware it's customers want.

I live in the states so I'm trying to figure out how I want to import the international version when they launch. I have no need for LTE. HSPA+ is more than enough for my browsing habits. Also the international version will see more development than the state variants. I'd bet you would see a stable CM9 or AOKP sooner than the US versions even adjusted for release date.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zabalba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 06:27 AM |#311  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabalba

I never enjoyed the software buttons on my Galaxy Nexus. The thought that valuable screen space was always used for navigation seemed backwards to me.

Not "always". Apps can resize or get rid of it if screen space really was that important - many games do. In most cases, however, you want those buttons, for the user to navigate.

By contrast, the hardware buttons are there, all the time, no matter what. They waste space on the phone that could otherwise have been used for more screen (or even just de-sizing), no matter what. And they can't be customized by the user or the app, unlike soft-buttons. I would go so far as to call them a step backward.
The Following User Says Thank You to thebobp For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes