5,599,977 Members 45,728 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGSIII General and launch discussion thread.

Tip us?

umd
Old
Thanks Meter 64
The hardware design is not so bad just nothing new but UI is just damn ugly. Why do they feel like they have to mess with UI? This is 2012 god damned just have a look what you have done before releasing the device.

Chris4evernoob
Old
Thanks Meter 23
People say that plastic cover isn't nice and all but i actually like it and most of all, it does it's job properly (also makes phone cheaper to your advantage).

riz157
Old
Thanks Meter 152
SG3 looks good but plastic back and look is terrible. Really of putting it must say however the expendable sd card more then makes up for it.
My ideal package would be design, screen, high, and camera of One x add micro sd, s3 smart features, screen size and led notification.
As that is not available will probably stick with One X as I can't get over the plastic build, feel and look of s3.
S2 fans will love it though and that's millions

stirkac
Old
Thanks Meter 251

Samsung failed. NOT on specs or software, but the sheer looks of this glossy candy plastic gives me goose bumps (the OG Galaxy S users will know how slippery and cheap feeling it is). SGSII was WAY better in terms of design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1040569  

Bluesun_Evo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
In regards to all of these benchmarks being posted, bear in mind that the US version will not be nearly as fast. It will not have that beefy quad core CPU -- it will instead only have a dual core CPU because of LTE.

I don't think the dual core will blow phones out of the water like the quad core does.

jaspabt
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
If HTC hadn't released their phone before the SG3, I honestly believe people would have been made up with the specifications of it. The phone IMO is ugly, but people would have overlooked it as it pretty much meets most peoples expectations of a next gen phone.
The fact that people can now compare to the One X, the bar has been raised incredibly high, aligned with the fact ridiculous rumors about 12MP camera, 1280p screen etc etc, the general feeling is off disappointment.
I do think the phone will be excellent (as was the SG2) just let down by its build!

adam1460
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default To all haters

SHUT. UP.

The S3 didn't live up to my expectations either, but listen...

HTC One X:
- 8MP camera.
I didn't see them getting hate because they fitted an 8MP camera. MEGAPIXELS MEAN NOTHING. The Samsung Tocco Ultra had an 8MP camera, and the Galaxy S had 5. Which took better pictures?
- Screen
SAMOLED is LESS power consuming than Super LCD. You also have a bigger screen, also past 300ppi. You can't tell the difference unless you're a sad nerd who actually bothers getting out magnifying glasses.
- Updates.
HTC doesn't EXACTLY have a good track record, do they? Come Q3, they'll release a new phone and leave the One X in the dust.
- Design:
Well, I for one, hate the two tone black screen and white body of the One X. The S3 comes in Blue and White, without two-toning the body.
- Nexus:
Don't like the S3? Get the Galaxy Nexus. Samsung is rumoured to be holding the reins to the Nexus 4 too, and it sounds plausible.
- Chipset:
The Exynos destroys competition.
- Developers:
They'll develop for the S3 due to it being developer friendly.
- Software:
Samsung are the first to implement true multitasking in a PHONE, even if it is just watching a video. Watch everyone follow. Samsung have put SO many innovations in this, and created a truly desirable piece of software. The lockscreen is unique and amazing.
- Future:
Don't like the i9300? i9800 will probably be what you're truly looking for. It won't be a tizen phone, but rather a higher specced Galaxy device.

Common sense people. Don't go comparing Samsung to Apple. They've released this, then once the new iPhone comes out... boom. Another unpacked event, and this time we'll be truly amazed. Don't get mad at Samsung because you expected technology that is ages away, get mad at yourself for adding fire to the hype bonfire.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adam1460 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

furt890
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm a bit disappointed but I'm still buying this, I mean it's pretty much at worst like everyone said "on par" with One X. I'm waiting till I can get my hands on one and decide. Anyways, is I9800 the US version code ? I didn't see anyone talking about it. Honestly, I'm really hoping this won't be the case and i9800 will turn out as another higher end flagship phone from Samsung. A man can dream.

neonstone
Old
Thanks Meter 2

hi galaxy s 3! remember me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

i like sgs3 more than the htc one x.. expandable memory, amoled screen, video compatibility, battery life, s voice..

one thing i like about htc one x is its design, simple but beautiful. some aspects of its sense 4.0. thats all.
The Following User Says Thank You to neonstone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

riz157
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4evernoob View Post
People say that plastic cover isn't nice and all but i actually like it and most of all, it does it's job properly (also makes phone cheaper to your advantage).
I don't think many would agree with this, I'd rather pay slightly more to get better build quality, in fact 500 is more then enough to get half decent build quality. This really was another great opportunity to win over apple fan boys to Android but Sammy went all cheap on us again. Could have made millions more and really held its own against iphone.
Having said that s3 still be successful inmho.