5,605,187 Members 37,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Important] Sudden Death (SDS) - Don't use older than Android 4.1.2 or CWM 6.0.3.x

Tip us?

geus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Great thread. Hope for news regarding the recovery.

montage mahal
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Its allways a risk to flash via odin. Anything could of happened during the flash. Am I goin crazy or does everyone not know that all ready. We allways flash at our own risk! Need to keep this issue real. Some people think they have a tickin time bomb in there pocket. Boom!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Phil3759
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27547

DONATE TO ME
PhilZ Touch 4.00-b04

Download:
- odin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3g6ke5...-i9300.tar.md5
- cwm: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6z7ww...-b04-i9300.zip

This version wouldn't have been pushed as I did not plan any updates of the binary before 4.00 Final. But since we needed a repack with XXELLA kernel and the code was ready for these changes, I pushed it.

Changes:
Quote:
- Repack with XXELLA kernel supposed to be SDS safe
- Fix romname added to nandroid backups: now build.prop will be parsed instead of reading system properties
- Custom rom.zip scripts completely revised to add a bit of process progress (beta and will be completely revised in Final build)
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SotirisBK
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I do not feel like it is so much of a risk to flash via odin. Unless you are a noob. I am a noob but I usually read a lot before doing anything on my device.
The Following User Says Thank You to SotirisBK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7512
Quote:
Originally Posted by montage mahal View Post
Its allways a risk to flash via odin. Anything could of happened during the flash. Am I goin crazy or does everyone not know that all ready. We allways flash at our own risk! Need to keep this issue real. Some people think they have a tickin time bomb in there pocket. Boom!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Yes indeed but ts a real issue even if you never flash anything.
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

mjb
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Best we have right now is from Andrei stating it *looks* complete, but I agree we just cannot know everything for sure yet. I changed teh op to say "what do we think we know"
Good.. I think the patch is complete too, but my concern is that we just don't know if this is addressing SDS, another fault, or just part of SDS and there is actually more to the problem than what this patch is "fixing".

I only say this due to finding the strings in the patch in older stock kernels, where people have experienced SDS.
Samsung Galaxy S III

rootSU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7512
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb View Post
Good.. I think the patch is complete too, but my concern is that we just don't know if this is addressing SDS, another fault, or just part of SDS and there is actually more to the problem than what this patch is "fixing".

I only say this due to finding the strings in the patch in older stock kernels, where people have experienced SDS.

Yep no worries. I have reworded the OP a little more to reflect. Please feel free to help me phrase it
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

alkanbw
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I think that best solution is to flash PhilZ Touch 4.00-b04 as is based on XELLA (secure) and using XELLA reom with kernel or Perseus. PhilZ recovery works with exfat - Yank kernel not - so is for me useless
The Following User Says Thank You to alkanbw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yuck03
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Great news! I hope with this recovery we can avoid SDS issues!.

Thanks for your help and effort

Phil3759
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27547

DONATE TO ME
Thanks rootSU for all your support (sorry, out of my 8 thanks as always)

Just an edit to the op: stock recoveries: instead of none, maybe add XXELLA

Bye
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe