FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Important] Sudden Death (SDS) - Don't use older than Android 4.1.2 or CWM 6.0.3.x

30,599 posts
Thanks Meter: 19,165
 
By danarama, Senior Member on 9th January 2013, 06:46 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th January 2013, 07:55 PM |#21  
danarama's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

Thanks rootSU for all your support (sorry, out of my 8 thanks as always)

Just an edit to the op: stock recoveries: instead of none, maybe add XXELLA

Bye

No worries.

From what I read, the stock recovery with the official XXELLA hasn't been updated... If anyone can confirm this please?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
9th January 2013, 07:55 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
I got omega v16 and stock ELLA kernel. But emmc check says that i got rev fw 0xf1. So am I still afected?
9th January 2013, 07:58 PM |#23  
danarama's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamer221

I got omega v16 and stock ELLA kernel. But emmc check says that i got rev fw 0xf1. So am I still afected?

If you're running a stock / repackaged ELLA Kernel, we believe you should be safe.
9th January 2013, 07:59 PM |#24  
Junior Member
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Great thread! Without panic, but only what we know so far.
9th January 2013, 08:04 PM |#25  
vasilisf7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag peiraus
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
I have flashed the philz recovery 4.0 and perseus newest kernel do I have to flash the new bootloader to so I am safe?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
.GT I9300 ON STEROIDS!!!
.OMEGA ROM V36
.STOCK KERNEL
.MOTOMOtO00 THEME
.RAUB'S & VEGETA'S MODS
9th January 2013, 08:06 PM |#26  
thekoRngear's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 262
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilisf7

I have flashed the philz recovery 4.0 and perseus newest kernel do I have to flash the new bootloader to so I am safe?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
.GT I9300 ON STEROIDS!!!
.OMEGA ROM V36
.STOCK KERNEL
.MOTOMOtO00 THEME
.RAUB'S & VEGETA'S MODS

Nah. You already did what you would have to.
The Following User Says Thank You to thekoRngear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2013, 08:10 PM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Ok, so I'm in Stock 4.1.1 and I flash this morning perseus newest kernel. Do i have to flash the ELLA room or am I safe just with the kernel?
9th January 2013, 08:10 PM |#28  
danarama's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,165
 
More
Unless we find evidence that suggests the bootloader is involved, id recommend avoiding the latest sboot if possible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
9th January 2013, 08:11 PM |#29  
danarama's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa6571

Ok, so I'm in Stock 4.1.1 and I flash this morning perseus newest kernel. Do i have to flash the ELLA room or am I safe just with the kernel?

Just kernel

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2013, 08:17 PM |#30  
Phil3759's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 32,712
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

No worries.

From what I read, the stock recovery with the official XXELLA hasn't been updated... If anyone can confirm this please?

I can confirm both recovery.img and boot.img have same kernel after a binary comparison. I verified before repacking and releasing my recovery
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2013, 08:25 PM |#31  
danarama's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

I can confirm both recovery.img and boot.img have same kernel after a binary comparison. I verified before repacking and releasing my recovery

Oh interesting. In that case, the new sboot IS recommended?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes