T-Mobile GS3 Confirmed!

Tip us?

MrReynus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default T-Mobile GS3 Confirmed!

Quote:

All signs are pointing toward the SGH-T999 (Galaxy S III) heading to T-Mobile as the newest piece of evidence surfaces in the form of FCC approval. Hereís the one notable takeaway from this, no LTE is coming in this particular model. The documents do show WCDMA support for T-Mobileís AWS band, just as we expected to see. Thereís also support for the 850 and 1900 bands meaning this device will be ready to rock under T-Mobileís refarmed 4G network as well. The lack of LTE connectivity isnít surprising given that T-Mobile isnít expected to launch their LTE network until sometime in 2013, but we had hoped that Samsung and T-Mobile would forward think given that T-Mobileís AWS LTE network will pair up nicely with AT&Tís own LTE 1700 bands.

NFC (near-field communication) is on board, but we donít know how much support T-Mobile will offer for this feature, though we hope Google Wallet support is a possibility. Other than that, weíre not seeing any other surprises here, good or bad.

All in all, this early FCC report seems fairly standard ó so now we wait for T-Mobile to make an official announcement.
source: http://www.tmonews.com/2012/05/t-mob...edium=facebook

The Following User Says Thank You to MrReynus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eksasol
Old
(Last edited by eksasol; 19th May 2012 at 01:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 665
So am I right to assume this device unlocked will work with ATT as well? Given the 850 and 1900 HSPA bands, despite not seeing 2100 listed.

sswb27
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I hope this proves it. Hopefully t-mobile gets it, I have a up grade coming next month and Ive had my eye's on this since it was announced.

clninja
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Heard from a samsung rep that gs3 is coming to tmobile mid june

I hope its true

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

boodies
Old
Thanks Meter 255
SO EXYNOS!@!@#%@#^%#$^@#$^@$^
Dropbox lets you sync files across several platforms. Sign up for free, install, and get me extra space! Dropbox
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boodies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhoshman
Old
Thanks Meter 34
If this materializes as a quad core Exynos than this might stop me from pre-ordering the international version. Lets go T-Mo!

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to dhoshman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lesd777
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If it's Tmobile I might switch from AT&T. I think T mobile is quite a bit cheaper for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

laztpn0i
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Looks like their is two models. The SGH-T999 and the SGH-T999v. I'm thinking its going to be two different storage options.

clninja
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Also from samsung rep

16gb or 32gb option

Dual core s4 krait processor instead of quad core ( but he said rumor of maybe quad..but probably not)

TotÚÚÚ
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by clninja View Post
Heard from a samsung rep that gs3 is coming to tmobile mid june

I hope its true

Highly doubtful..

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA