General Thread

Search This thread

UrbanDrawer

Jan 30, 2012
Helsinki
Long time no see :D

Bought a Nexus 5X last Summer, the screen broke before the dreaded bootloop. Rocking a OP3T now, but man it's slippery.

It's somewhat awkward to post my life situation here, but I'm graduating from Vocational School, applied to a College to study Graphic Design & Illustration. Really wish I'll get in :)

Let's see if any of the oldies still lurk here

mikka06

Dec 13, 2010
Nice
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Lol, nice to see I'm not the only one checking this thread. Have to buy a phone soon but I have no idea. S8 looks pretty sexy but it's Samsung. Mate9 is an option, but Huawei processor, so not many options for custom roms. I'll try to be patient and wait for OP5 or HTC M11. Otherwise good luck @urban Drawer for the college :)

Sent from my A0001 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

jojohnson250

Dec 1, 2013
All good man, on my final year but decided to do a placement year for some work experience. Hows things with you?

Yeah. he's lost to iOS lol.

Ah nice mate still got 2 years left, I am think of doing placement as well on a side note any ideas on how to root a phone with no twrp or cwm support? Lost my OP3 so had to get a cheap phone of amazon and apparently no one else has it

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Ah nice mate still got 2 years left, I am think of doing placement as well on a side note any ideas on how to root a phone with no twrp or cwm support? Lost my OP3 so had to get a cheap phone of amazon and apparently no one else has it

If you can, go for it. Friend of mine got a placement programming for a financial company, 20k isn't bad for a placement year at all. I'll be on 15k if I get mine. Ermmmmmm I have NO idea lol. Always had to rely on another dev creating TWRP. What about FlashFire?

ninjariq

Oct 10, 2017
Hey guys I've old Samsung galaxy s3 phone and it's working but with audio problem, can't really hear anything, I want to learn how to root this phone and solve the problem can anyone help me to do that!

P. S I'm a noobie, I've not rooted any device and don't want to root my device using king w

UrbanDrawer

Jan 30, 2012
Helsinki
Haven't visited XDA for a while, tinkering with phones just isn't worth the effort.
Anyhoo, got into a BA program for graphic design & somesuch.
First GUI design course starting in a few weeks :)

maxlnc

May 9, 2012
Is there something as stable as the stock ROM but without the bloatware / Samsung UI?

LineageOS 14.1 has some bugs and workarounds so I guess they are common in all Nougat-based.

I need to prepare the phone for a normal user so I need something 100% working (but possibly more slick than stock).

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, Galaxy S3 users!

I thought I'd make a sort of general thread so that we can all talk here, introduce each other, bash a certain company, and have a general discussion. It'd be a good way to help the newbies out, too. The clutter of extra threads in the General section is really annoying so let's keep the extra talk here!

Remember to be civil; we're all part of the same community! :highfive:
    Happy birthday to me :D
    Rubbish, my hedgehog is fine - I would never feed it bread and milk

By the way, is s tangent a new piece of bloat from Samsung? A random conversation derailer, for example?

Tangent.....a line struck at 90° to a line drawn from the centre of a circle to its circumference, so that it just touches the circumference........wtf has that got to do with hedgehogs? :confused::D

On another slightly more sober note....and with reference to a comment made earlier............when I was diagnosed with cancer, which also coincided with my partner of 20 years asking me to leave, I went off a cliff, metaphorically, down into a deep, dark hole........a couple of weeks later, I woke up one morning and couldn't face another day.......and stupidly took an overdose, something I'm not proud of, and something I never thought I would arrive at (none of us do, do we?) .......it wasn't an attempt to end it all,I just couldn't face another day of pain and just wanted to turn it all off, luckily I was saved.

The point is, you just never know when it can all go seriously wrong, or what your reaction to extreme stress/grief will be.

I'm not sharing this to make anyone feel awkward about what they have said, I'm sharing it so the wisdom of circumstance can be acknowledged.......you really just don't realise how quickly it can all go wrong, or that it even might happen to you.......so live your lives in gratitude if you have avoided such calamity thus far, and live with ever present sympathy for those who have fallen.....you just never know. :)
    Any chicks here?? Come on..dont be shy:p:D

Oh hello boys, the present Mrs Gustopher here, just popping in to say 'Hi' and prove that there are some 'chicks' (what a terribly sexist term, young man) on here now and again, when we are given permission by our better halves. With that in mind, you had all better watch your potty mouths - all this talk about ROM Sluts and I don't know what.

Anyway, about me; I'm gorgeous...of course...you don't land a catch like Mr Gustopher without being top drawer tottie. I look like that Rachel Riley off of Countdown only even fitter. My hobbies are cooking and making love. I have not one but two Michelin stars for one of those and my cooking is pretty good too.

I'm the luckiest hottie in all the world to have landed my beau - Gerard Butler lookalike? Gerard Butler says he is a Mr Gustopher lookalike or he did last time he was at one of the regular showbiz parties we have on our luxury yacht moored in the smaller loch in the grounds of Gustopher Towers. I really did win the lottery of life when he picked me, especially with the queue for the auditions being so long - he does have exceptional stamina though.

Anyway, best get on, it's time for Mr Gustopher's oiling and rub down and the door bell has just gone. If it's that Megan Fox again asking for a date with my husband I don't know what I will do, I really don't. Threesome perhaps?

By-eeeeeee and hugs

The Present Mrs Gustopher
    Happy Slappy has a new home from 1 Feb :)
    Big weight off my shoulders, one I'm settled in I better get flash happy and catch up! :D