5,594,805 Members 36,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

General Thread

Tip us?
 
kofiaa
Old
#6841  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Default Re: General Thread

I just realized no one has even made a comment about considering a surface. Just saw an ad where people in a business meeting were dancing with it, who exactly are they targeting?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
 
htcsnap93
Old
(Last edited by htcsnap93; 19th February 2013 at 11:49 AM.)
#6842  
htcsnap93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 188
Posts: 831
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default Re: General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsnap93 View Post
I had the MS surface with type cover in my hands today. Just lovely !

Kind regards,

Thomas

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Premium XDA-developers app
I quote myself for kofiaa.

No, i think it is a really good tablet, very premium feel and material. Also if you have the type cover it works so well with the built in kickstand.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Premium XDA-developers app
I want my wife hot, my beer frozen and my X10i flashed.

I smile everytime I see this bootscreen.
 
kofiaa
Old
#6843  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Default Re: General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsnap93 View Post
I quote myself for koffaa.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Premium XDA-developers app
Would you consider buying one? I'm so in love with android. But I'd love to get one later in the year as a gift for my brother.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
 
Theshawty
Old
#6844  
Theshawty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4165
Posts: 14,167
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oskarshamn

 
DONATE TO ME
Had I a lot of money, I could see myself own a Surface, however, since I don't have a lot of money, I have to prioritize other things.

Windows 8, after all, very touchscreen adapted.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Phone: HTC One | S-OFF

I do not answer support PM's, they will be ignored.
 
htcsnap93
Old
#6845  
htcsnap93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 188
Posts: 831
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default Re: General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofiaa View Post
Would you consider buying one? I'm so in love with android. But I'd love to get one later in the year as a gift for my brother.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
I just edited my post haha.

If i had the money i would buy one above an android premium tablet. My girlffriend has tge tab 2 10.1 and the integration with any app for text processing just too fiddly.

The surface just uses word and normal folder structures etc i find it more of a pc replacement than an android tablet.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Premium XDA-developers app
I want my wife hot, my beer frozen and my X10i flashed.

I smile everytime I see this bootscreen.
The Following User Says Thank You to htcsnap93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kofiaa
Old
#6846  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Default Re: General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsnap93 View Post
I just edited my post haha.

If i had the money i would buy one above an android premium tablet. My girlffriend has tge tab 2 10.1 and the integration with any app for text processing just too fiddly.

The surface just uses word and normal folder structures etc i find it more of a pc replacement than an android tablet.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Premium XDA-developers app
I know. I think I'll have to check it out. Hopefully I can get a job in the summer. My bro is the reason I even have an N4 and N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
 
Theshawty
Old
#6847  
Theshawty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4165
Posts: 14,167
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oskarshamn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofiaa View Post
I know. I think I'll have to check it out. Hopefully I can get a job in the summer. My bro is the reason I even have an N4 and N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
All this talk about the N4 makes me want one so badly. Why did I ever divert from the Nexii line in the first place? :/
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Phone: HTC One | S-OFF

I do not answer support PM's, they will be ignored.
 
Gustopher
Old
#6848  
Gustopher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 992
Posts: 1,955
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Somerset (physically), Scotland (spiritually)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofiaa View Post
I just realized no one has even made a comment about considering a surface. Just saw an ad where people in a business meeting were dancing with it, who exactly are they targeting?
I don't understand. Almost all of my business meetings are now conducted via the medium of interpretive dance and very few significant decisions are taken unless on the strength of a street dance battle.

Despite being a larger man, I am told that my interpretation of the 2013-14 Fiscal Year Outturn Reports brought tears to the eyes of even seasoned accountants.

Hope this helps clear matters up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gustopher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kofiaa
Old
#6849  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Default Re: General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshawty View Post
All this talk about the N4 makes me want one so badly. Why did I ever divert from the Nexii line in the first place? :/
It's an amazing phone let down only by its battery. I still haven't rooted it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
 
Theshawty
Old
#6850  
Theshawty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4165
Posts: 14,167
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oskarshamn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofiaa View Post
It's an amazing phone let down only by its battery. I still haven't rooted it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
If you ever root it, there's a wonderful app called greenify.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Phone: HTC One | S-OFF

I do not answer support PM's, they will be ignored.

Tags
general
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes