XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchwiz Functionality & Themes

Tip us?

Acrylicus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touchwiz Functionality & Themes

Don't you think touchwiz for SGSIII looks like ugly as hell? It looks like pre-honeycomb, anyway my questions is; can I change the entire look of touchwiz, but keep it's functionality...? if so, how easy is it?

I've used an iPhone the past 3 years but have seen the light and preordered an S3 but the whole nature thing is bugging the hell out of me, it should look more like the Google Nexus (which has the "holo" theme I believe")

AMoosa
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Just install a new launcher. Apex will make it look just like a Nexus.
Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8.0
United Kingdom
Three UK

Previously owned - HTC One M8, Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue and White, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Desire S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S, Motorola XPRT, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Athena, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal (that's all I can think of for now...)

Acrylicus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa View Post
Just install a new launcher. Apex will make it look just like a Nexus.
On iOS Jailbreak you could install something called Winterboard which allowed for every aspect of the UI to be customised... is this possible on android while keeping functionality intact?

jayharper08
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylicus View Post
On iOS Jailbreak you could install something called Winterboard which allowed for every aspect of the UI to be customised... is this possible on android while keeping functionality intact?
As far as every aspect (notification bar, text color, etc.) you will need a custom rom with framework modified. I'm betting there will be tons and you will be happy. With the launchers, all you will get is an overlay of the home screen ui basically. Icons and such will be able to be modified though with a different launcher. There are tons of launchers to replace touchwiz. I don't think you will be disappointed

---Jay--- From the CM9 powered E4GT

davidang
Old
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
Wait for developer to theme it for u

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
LG/Google Nexus 4

Past Device
Samsung Galaxy 3
HtC Wildfire S
Click thanks even if I did not help u,cause I need to fill the hungry thanks meter with thanks

Smacdallas
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylicus View Post
Don't you think touchwiz for SGSIII looks like ugly as hell? It looks like pre-honeycomb, anyway my questions is; can I change the entire look of touchwiz, but keep it's functionality...? if so, how easy is it?

I've used an iPhone the past 3 years but have seen the light and preordered an S3 but the whole nature thing is bugging the hell out of me, it should look more like the Google Nexus (which has the "holo" theme I believe")
The theming on ios (to me) just looks bad.. On android developers and themers make great themes that are easily flashed through cwm and most of them are awesome.. You wont be dissapointed

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Alex Charles
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Also as mentioned home replacement is another easy option.

There are many that aren't just stock ICS layout, but those such as SPB shell 3D which will change a lot of the layout, whereas others such as go launcher will actually have many different theming options available.

As always its entirely down to preference. No one can tell you what the best one is. Who knows, you may even like the be touchwiz!! :thumbup:

The most user friendly Rom for the I9300.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1663656
-Remember to check out further modifications in the Omega kitchen!

Baldilocks
Old
Thanks Meter 982

DONATE TO ME
Personally I prefer the Touchwiz icons over stock Android icons. Google isn't very good at all at creating anything that is pleasing visually -- including stock ICS.

You know you can remove the widgets if you don't like them and use other launchers. I use Nova Launcher with Touchwiz icons. I am sure I will do the same on my GS III once it arrives.

Nexus 5 - Loving me some Google

Noonski
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
More Moving and Cleaning.
This thread is not about a particular theme nor app.
Moving to General,
Thanks for the understanding.
Searching for Anwsers on XDA? Try The FireFox & IE Search Bar Plug In

www.noonski.nl For My Device History, BackLog, Beer Gifting, Off Topic Rants and everything else that won't fit in my Signature.