Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

Touchwiz Functionality & Themes

OP Acrylicus

13th May 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Don't you think touchwiz for SGSIII looks like ugly as hell? It looks like pre-honeycomb, anyway my questions is; can I change the entire look of touchwiz, but keep it's functionality...? if so, how easy is it?

I've used an iPhone the past 3 years but have seen the light and preordered an S3 but the whole nature thing is bugging the hell out of me, it should look more like the Google Nexus (which has the "holo" theme I believe")
13th May 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 194

1,488 posts
More
Just install a new launcher. Apex will make it look just like a Nexus.
13th May 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa

Just install a new launcher. Apex will make it look just like a Nexus.

On iOS Jailbreak you could install something called Winterboard which allowed for every aspect of the UI to be customised... is this possible on android while keeping functionality intact?
13th May 2012, 08:02 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Jacksonville, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 8,036

5,958 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylicus

On iOS Jailbreak you could install something called Winterboard which allowed for every aspect of the UI to be customised... is this possible on android while keeping functionality intact?

As far as every aspect (notification bar, text color, etc.) you will need a custom rom with framework modified. I'm betting there will be tons and you will be happy. With the launchers, all you will get is an overlay of the home screen ui basically. Icons and such will be able to be modified though with a different launcher. There are tons of launchers to replace touchwiz. I don't think you will be disappointed

---Jay--- From the CM9 powered E4GT
14th May 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 132

451 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wait for developer to theme it for u

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
14th May 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #6  
Flag dallas
Thanks Meter: 35

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylicus

Don't you think touchwiz for SGSIII looks like ugly as hell? It looks like pre-honeycomb, anyway my questions is; can I change the entire look of touchwiz, but keep it's functionality...? if so, how easy is it?

I've used an iPhone the past 3 years but have seen the light and preordered an S3 but the whole nature thing is bugging the hell out of me, it should look more like the Google Nexus (which has the "holo" theme I believe")

The theming on ios (to me) just looks bad.. On android developers and themers make great themes that are easily flashed through cwm and most of them are awesome.. You wont be dissapointed

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
15th May 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 55

236 posts
Also as mentioned home replacement is another easy option.

There are many that aren't just stock ICS layout, but those such as SPB shell 3D which will change a lot of the layout, whereas others such as go launcher will actually have many different theming options available.

As always its entirely down to preference. No one can tell you what the best one is. Who knows, you may even like the be touchwiz!! :thumbup:
18th May 2012, 10:06 AM   |  #8  
Flag Dover, DE
Thanks Meter: 1,007

2,467 posts
Donate to Me
Personally I prefer the Touchwiz icons over stock Android icons. Google isn't very good at all at creating anything that is pleasing visually -- including stock ICS.

You know you can remove the widgets if you don't like them and use other launchers. I use Nova Launcher with Touchwiz icons. I am sure I will do the same on my GS III once it arrives.

20th May 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #9  
Moderator Emeritus / Recognized Developer
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 122

5,286 posts
Donate to Me
More
More Moving and Cleaning.
This thread is not about a particular theme nor app.
Moving to General,
Thanks for the understanding.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread